Chapter 7

"You look amazing Maddie!" Ashley said to her best friend, who was ready for the dance in a short, purple, strapless dress with silver heels on.

"Thanks, so do you!" Madison returned the compliment. Ashley had a tight, strapless black dress on that came halfway down her thighs. They were almost ready for the dance. The past week had flown by, Ashley and Tyler spending every spare minute together. Every night they hung out at each others houses or went on a cute date. Ashley loved dating Tyler. She was excited to dance with him all night tonight.

"Thanks!" Ashley said, slipping her sleek, black high heels onto her feet. She picked up her small purse and turned to Madison.

"You ready?" She asked. She and Madison were driving to the dance seperately and meeting Mark and Tyler there. Madison nodded and they got into her moms car, which she had let her borrow for the night. Ashley was pretty nervous about the dance, and she fiddled with her hands while riding in the car.

"Nervous?" Madison asked, noticing Ashleys nervous habit.

"A little." Ashley admitted.

"There is no reason to be nervous, you've been with this guy for 2 weeks straight. What's there to be nervous about?" Madison encouraged.

"I don't know. We've never danced before." Ashley said realizing how stupid it sounded coming out of her mouth.

"If it's meant to be it'll just come natural." Madison reassured her. Ashley nodded, still feeling a little nervous, but better. They got to the school in what seemed like no time at all. Her heart was pounding as she and Madison walked through the doors of the school, and it wasn't because of the scary deorations. Madison spotted Mark, and glanced at Ashley.

"Go ahead, I'll wait here for Tyler." Ashley gave her a small push towards her boyfriend. Madison smiled and bounded over to Mark. He picked her up, hugging her tightly. Ashley smiled and felt happy for her best friend. She turned around and looked at her phone. 8:15 pm. She and Tyler had said they'd meet at 8. Where was he? She went outside to call him, and saw him walking towards her from the parking lot. He was shuffling his feet and looked a little off balance.

"Tyler?" Ashley asked as he got closer.

"Hey Ash." He said loosely, smiling widely at her. She smiled back as he hugged her. He was a little wobbly, so she wriggled out of the hug quickly.

"Are you drunk?" Ashley asked. Tyler shook his head seriously and looked at her.

"No, just a little tipsy. I accidentally drank too much beer with my football buddies tonight we hung out and got ready for the dance together." Tyler explained slowly. Ashley laughed at him.

"Okay, well I guess you're ready to have fun then." She said, and they went inside. The lights were dim and they could hear the music from the gym pounding through the doors. Ashley's heart raced as they walked through the doors, hand in hand. The decorations for the dance were amazing. It looked like they were inside a giant haunted house. There were skeletons and fake cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and on the walls. There were fake spiders scattered on the floor and all the chairs were made to look old and rickety. The dance floor was almost pitch black, with strobe lights and colored lights flashing to the beat of the music.

"Lets dance, Ash" Tyler said in her ear so she could hear above the music.

"Are you sure you can?" Ashley laughed. He smiled at her, grabbed her waist and pushed her onto the dance floor, spinning her around once they got there, and pulling her close to him, holding her waist and swaying to the soft song. Her arms were around his neck, and she was playing with the ends of his hair. He leaned down to whisper in her ear.