Chapter 15

Alex and Ashley had avoided each other pretty well for the next few days. They went sledding again, skiing a couple more times, and had managed not to talk much, despite sharing a room. Ashley still couldn't figure out why Alex had even tried to kiss her in the first place. She knew that they had been pushing the best friend thing a little far lately and that they had been inseparable since the whole Tyler situation, but she didn't think that he'd ever fall for her. She hoped he couldn't tell that she wanted to be with him so badly. She was trying very hard to keep that a secret, although Madison teasing her constantly didn't really help. Finally, it was New Year's Eve, and the beginning of their last couple days at the cabin. Later in the evening, Ashley was laying on her bed, bored out of her mind, when Megan burst into her room.

 "Wanna go to a party?" She asked.

"Is that even a question?" Ashley asked, sitting up with a grin on her face. 

"Okay, let me know when you're ready!" Megan said, then bound out of the room. Ashley glanced at the clock.

Good. It's only 7.

She quickly got out of bed and hopped into the shower. She took a very quick shower, then hopped out, wrapping the towel around her and walking back into her room to get changed. Luckily, Alex was still avoiding her, so he wasn't in the room. She quickly changed into sweats so that she could do her hair and makeup easily. She did her makeup first, which she had become a professional at in the past couple years. When she was done, she looked about 4 years older than she actually was, and she hadn't even done her hair or got dressed yet. She smiled at her reflection, proud of herself, then went to do her hair. Madison was already in the bathroom, her makeup already looking amazing. She was straightening her hair. Ashley grinned at her and got the hair dryer out.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Madison asked in a teasing tone.

"Bring on the champagne!" Ashley said with a wink, turning the hair dryer on. She thought about the joke that she and Madison had 'planned' the night before they left for this trip. Ashley wasn't going to get drunk just so she could kiss Alex at midnight and blame it on the alcohol. If she was going to get drunk, it'd be because she wanted to, especially after everything that had happened between them this past week and a half. She dried her hair and curled it to perfection, half emptying the hair spray on it so that it would stay all night. She then went back into her room, which Alex still had not entered, it seemed like, and got dressed. She had brought one of her favorite party dresses, which she had only worn one other time last year. She decided it was time to break it out on this trip. It was strapless and tight, with a gold sequined bodice and a black 'skirt'. She had also brought her gold heels - which matched perfectly - and she slipped them on her feet. She sprayed her perfume on her wrists and neck, and rubbed it in. She grabbed her cute jacket that she had brought and slung it over her arm, walking out into the family room where the guys were all sitting around, looking handsome. They were all pretty dressy, as far as guys go. They each had on a nice looking sweater with jeans. When Ashley caught Alex's eye, she couldn't help but notice that he was majorly checking her out. She turned away and smiled to herself. He didn't look half bad either, with a button up underneath a sweater, he looked like a model. His sandy brown hair was spiked up, drawing more attention to his big, bright blue eyes which Ashley loved so much. Ashley flopped down next to Mark on the couch.

"Where's Megan and Madison?" She asked. 

"Apparently not as quick as you.." Mike said, obviously annoyed. It was going on 8 o clock, and the other two girls still weren't ready.

Oh well, what did he expect. They're going to a party with their boyfriends, they want to look good.

"They just want to look good for you." Ashley joked.