Prologue

New York (2010)

"Shanaya... Shanaya baby come down. We're getting late. We're going to miss our flight!" I heard my mom's voice coming from outside.
"Coming mommy. Just give me a minute." I shout back.

I was currently sitting on the bed in my best friend/neighbour's room. We had stayed up the entire night together watching movies, teasing each other and just hanging out on our last day together. Of course, it involved a bit of crying from my part and he looked sad too, but we decided to just spend the last few hours happily before I left.

My parents and I were moving to Mumbai, India (my nana's place) for a few years. My parents had to keep travelling back and forth as they were expanding their business and setting up a new office there.

Our exams had just got over and we were really looking forward to going to Junior High together. Then in the vacations my parents had announced that we were moving. After hearing this I'd naturally freaked out and did the first thing that came to my mind. I'd run to his house and stayed there the entire day. I didn't wanna leave him behind. We were a team.

Now it was time to go. I was devastated. I didn't want to leave. He just hugged me. He always understood how I felt.
"Don't worry Naya. We'll meet again. You're just leaving for a couple of years. You'll be back before you know it. Just know that I'll always remember you."
I simply shook my head and ran out knowing that I'd start crying again if I stayed any longer.

My parents were already waiting for me in the car and I slammed the door shut.
"Ready to go sweetie?" I just nodded.
The last thing I saw before I blacked out was a beautiful blonde boy waving to me.

Zayden
My best friend.
My neighbour.
The one who knew everything about me.
The boy I loved.