♀ Chapter 9 - Z I N G

♀ Shanaya♀

This was my first party here. In India, we usually partied but all of it was done in secret. Here, everything was different. It was like a typical high school party. People making out everywhere, beer bottles thrown around randomly, loud music blaring through the speakers.

After the last class, I'd run into Chase in the hallway and he'd asked me to go to the party with him. I told him I'd meet him there. I didn't want anyone to know where I lived just yet. So we met outside Beth's house. I wore a red dress, a bit too much for a high school party but I wanted to look good.

Chase's jaw hit the floor when he saw me.

"You look hot." He said with a wink.

As we went in I saw a lot of girls looking enviously in our direction. Chase led me inside. Zee sat there with the other guys. They all looked at us when they saw us coming in. Zee looked shocked then seemed to get a little tense. While the others introduced themselves, he didn't even bother saying anything.

Levi led me outside to show me around. Beth's house was amazing. It even had a pool. It was full of people. We walked some more. Beth had a huge yard and we sat under a tree there.

"You enjoying the party so far?"
Levi asked as we walked around.

"Yeah. It's my first one here but it's exactly like what I expected. They even have those red cups they show in the movies."

He laughed.

"So where are you from?"

"New York. But I moved to Seattle before middle school."

"So you went to school here before?"

"Yeah."

A part of my cover.

"So what's a guy like you doing here, having a boring conversation with me?"

"Oh trust me, most of the guys would kill to be here with you."

I laughed at that.

"Thanks I guess. But I'm sure I can say the same."

I pointed at a group of girls giving me the stink eye and he looked there.

"Pretty sure all of them don't like me already."

Now it was his turn to laugh.

"You'd prefer sitting here alone while I go suck face with some girl? I'm such bad company huh?"

I punched him lightly on the shoulder. "Idiot. I wouldn't prefer it but seriously.. why are you here just talking to me."

"Honestly, I just broke up with my girlfriend. She was in there, dancing with some guy, I wouldn't call it "dancing" though. I couldn't even look at her." He says with disgust evident on his face. "Turns out she'd been cheating on me when we were together."

"Oh you know the guy?"

"Well once I found out who he was, his face became good friends with my fist. He didn't look pretty for an entire week, trust me."

He pointed at a guy who had a bandage on his nose. Oh looks like he broke his nose in the fight. He was cute a little I guess, but compared to Levi.. Nah.

"For what it's worth you're much better than him."

"She didn't seem to think so."

"So what happened after that?"

"Oh she came to me a few days ago, apologizing and asking if we could get back together." He laughed.

We just stayed there in comfortable silence for a while looking at a bunch of drunk teenagers running around.