♂ Chapter 25 - W I N N E R

While the others were doing who knows what the entire afternoon, I decided to take a little hike. The area surrounding Brandon's farm house was nothing short of spectacular. It had hills, long lines of trees and grass all around.

This is where I came before my races. Every time. The only other person who knew about this was Chase. Speaking about Chase, he'd called a couple of times to which I responded with a short message saying I was already here. He was bound to suspect that something was up, but right now I really didn't care. I was acting like a moody moron. I needed to get my shit together. Best friends came first. I knew I wouldn't be angry for long. Hell, I probably wasn't anymore. But it sort of hurt. That he would go after her like that, behind my back. She was a liar and now I wasn't going to let het create differences between me and Chase.

This would all be over soon. I'd talk to Chase.

I spent a good hour or two there and headed back when it started getting dark. The race was going to start at 8. It was 7 by the time I reached the house. I put on my leather jacket and walked to my car.

I called Chase but he didn't answer so I headed to the tracks knowing he'd be there anyway, as always. The track was crowded today. A lot more people than we'd ever had before. I parked my car along some of the other racers' cars and walked out with my head high like I owned the fucking place. I saw Chase and the guys had parked at our usual spot. I walked towards them with a smile, fully ready to pretend I was fine and make up some lie about why I came here yesterday, when I caught sight of a blonde with Chase. Her back was towards me but she was chatting with them, occasionally looking at Chase who kept flasing her smiles.

Oh no. This is not happening.

Yup. It is.

Chase. Really?

There next to Chase stood the girl who I hadn't wanted to see, preferably ever. But atleast not today.

This does not affect you Zayden.

Carry on, like nothing's wrong.

Nothing is wrong.

Good. You better make it seem that way.

Matt saw me coming.

"Hey Zee."

We did our typical fist bump. Man, was I happy to see them.

Chase looked at me funnily but I smirked at him to which he smirked back. 

Sasha smiled at me, which I ignored as inconspicuously as I could.

"So why'd you come here yesterday. You could have told us. We'd have come too."

"Sorry man. Brandon called. Something came up."

They'd probably believe this because it had happened once before. It had happened around an year ago, before this place was as popular as it is now. I'd come here to watch a race (I didn't race then, obviously). Some guys had picked a fight here and had done more damage to the place than he could replace then. So after Brandon broke up the fight and everyone went away, I stayed to help him sort things out. That's why we have a connection I guess.

"What?" Trust Levi to always ask questions. Seriously the guy wants to know everything. It's not good enough that he's a tech freak apparently.

I was saved from answering by a loud car horn right behind me.

I turned around only to see Jim in the car behind me. Here we go, more drama. Technically I'd caused it and it was a good thing. It'd distart the guys from asking too many questions.
He got down and stood in a supposedly laid back fashion next to his car.