♂ Chapter 24 - P R O V O K E D

"Sasha Purcell, will you go out, on a date, with me?"

11 words. One question.

Scary what words can do to a human. In this case, these 11 words seemed to stir an emotion in me which I'm sure most people are familiar with.

Anger.

There are so many ways of dealing with this particular emotion.

1. Make the other person/people miserable.

2. Sulk

3. Channel the energy into something positive.

And since I wasn't about to start going and bashing people's heads into the wall, I chose the third option.

I walked away, to my car. I didn't want to go alone. Maybe I didn't want to admit it but I just needed someone with me right now. But who would understand what I felt? Hell I didn't understand myself.

So, I drove away, not once looking back.

It was a relief to be home. There's this spare room in my apartment that I've changed into a hangout spot for us guys. It has an Xbox and I'm getting a PS 4 soon, a huge collection of video games and my personal favourite, a punching bag.

The best way to get rid of all the anger when you're riled up is punching or heavy workouts. And that's what I did for a long time. I punched till I thought my fingers would break. My hand was red and swollen. The intense workout after left me exhausted and so with out realising, I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was already dark outside. My phone buzzed a couple of times. I checked to see I had two texts from Matt.

"Where are you? We're on for tomorrow right?"

"Yup."

The race, which I had completely forgotten about.

Although it was tomorrow, I decided to head there today. The guy who organised these races had a farm house just on the outskirts of NY. I figured I'd crash there for the night and drive some.

The drive there calmed me. By the time I reached I was already calm and in my element. Racing and cars.

The farmhouse was in a bit of a secluded area and the track was further away. I decided to go to the track first and practise a little.

My bugatti had a roar, which wasn't very loud but it exhuded power, like a wild animal. Except it was much stronger. The tracks were clear as I had expected. It wasn't a very long one, it just had a lot of tricky curves and turns which required a lot of skill in drifting. Which I had perfected over time.

The engine roared as I pressed the accelerator harder while my foot was still on the brake. The light turned green and the car speed forward like a bolt of lightening. This was my favorite part, the adrenaline pumping through me. I finished most part of the course perfectly but this one turn that I'd always had trouble with seemed to be giving me a harder time today. It was sharper than the others so everytime I tried to go sharply left, the car ended up spinning out the course.