Chapter 47

I stopped.

I was in a cell, the guys were shackled to the wall.

The turtles! They are alive!

There bodies, rapidly, painfully changing back and forth between mutant and human, their human forms still wearing their circus costumes.

"Let me out of here!"
Cried Raph before his body forcefully flashed into his human self again.

He was the only one still struggling at the bonds, the rest were still, trying just to deal with the pains of the rapid transformations.

It must be because they are torturing me...

Mikey looked up from the tile he had been staring blankly at, and started slowly looking around the room, as if searching for something.

"On second thought you better not let me out of here, because the second I do get out I'm going to tear each and everyone of you to shreds!!"
Cursed Raphael to the door.

Then he sighed.

"I just can't listen to her screaming anymore, we've got to help her!"

"What could they possibly be doing to her?!?"
Rage and panic filled his question, as he panted, weak from the constant transformation.

"I'm not quite sure, but at the top of my list id start with dissection."
Input Donatello, before he quickly flashed human, then flashed back to a turtle.

"Thanks Donnie, not helping."
Sighed Leo.

"Guys.... I think there's some one else in this room with us, I don't know, I feel like a presence or something."
Admitted Michelangelo

Can he see me?

"Can it Mikey, there's no one there!" said an angry Raphael scanning the room, seeing nothing.

Now they were steadily turtle, no more rapid changing.

"I just feel it..."
Michelangelo whispered to himself as he looked directly at where I was standing, then shook his head, as if trying to brush the feeling off.

How can he sense me, when nobody else can even see me?

"At least we stopped morphing, and looks like we are now fully ourselves again.."
Donatello spoke looking on the bright side.

There was an whirring sound of gears and the giant concrete door slid open.

Karai stepped in wielding her single katana, a look of pure determination fixed in her eyes.

The door hissed closed behind her, ensuring no escape.

Oh no...

"You.."
Growled Leonardo, hatred and betrayal radiating from him.

The room went dead silent as she swiftly glided in front of Leonardo.
She landed one powerful kick to his stomach, his hands shackled up above him, unable to protect himself.

Her kick so hard that his already weak body was left hunched over.

"I should have known it would be you, I was so stupid to think there was ever anything good in you."
He groaned in pain.

"Where's The Traveler?!"
Shouted Raphael, struggling with his bonds.

"Silence!"
She hissed, aiming the tip of her blade at his throat.

I tried to move towards them, but my ghostly body was stuck in place.

I was to be only a spectator here.

"You!"
She cursed at Leonardo hitting his stomach again, then with one powerful stroke, using her katana to slice through the shackles on his wrists.

Made me wonder just exactly what kind of metal is that blade made out of anyways?

Some Kraang technology no doubt.

He fell to the floor...

"Leo!"
Mikey cried out.

She began kicking him again and again while he was on the floor, to weak to fight back...

"You, with your stupid naive ideals of good and evil, always doing the honorable thing, with all those ridiculous speeches, trying to convince me I'm on the wrong side!!"
She ranted as she viciously kicked him in the stomach, in the back, anywhere she could!

"Leonardo!!"
I screamed into the air!
But no sound...

Her tone changed, ever so slightly, but I noticed it.

"Roxanne, she told me something that really made me realize something, she accused me of caring for you!"
She spat.

This wasn't the ravings of a bloodthirsty villain....

There was something different, in her voice but I couldn't quite place it.

Anger yes, but something else as well.

"You, a mutant, a freak, a follower of the man who murdered my mother!!
She asked if it really came down to it and my father asked me to kill you, could I?"

Karai was taking it all out on Leonardo.

She grabbed Leonardo by the back of his shell and forced him onto his knees.

She brought her blade centimeters away from his neck.

Leonardo stared her down, weak as he was he held her gaze, his eyes filled with anger, and just the slightest touch of disappointment, betrayal and even hurt.

I was just going to have to float here, and watch my friend murdered before my eyes, and the eyes of his brothers.

I looked closer, and was shocked to see what I think was Karais watery eyes!

She was sad!
That was sadness!

"Well times up, my fathers has commanded that the only way I can redeem myself is by proving my loyalty to him and killing you!"

The blade twitched slightly in her hands...

She paused for a moment.

"But when it all comes down to it..."

Her voice softened, and tears were being fought back.

"I just can't do it, as much as I wish I could..."

She threw her katana on the ground and dropped to her knees, directly in front of him.

"Because.. I think I'm in love with you!"

She began to sob as she fell against his shoulder.

His eyes widened in shock, before he slowly cautiously wrapped his arms around her back.

Donatello's and Michelangelo's faces were pure shock.
And Raphael looked like he just got hit by a bus.

He let her cry, stroking the back of her head gently as all those years of trained held back emotion finally pouring out.

She pulled back, and they shot each other a look of pure understanding.

He slowly leaned in and kissed her gently.

He pulled away and smiled at her and used his giant green thumb finger to brush a tear away.

It's a Kodak moment.

"So, you finally betray me Karai?"

The shredders voice broadcasted into the room from a speaker somewhere nearby.

His evil laugh filled the room.

Sending chills down my spine, even though I'm pretty positive I don't have one.

Leonardo quickly stood up, pulling Karai up with him, but never letting her go from his arms.

She looked scared, he must have had a camera in this room and watched the whole thing.

"Don't worry, I saw this coming, your just like your father, a traitor!
but you've made your bed and you can sleep in it, and with whatever hideous mutant happens to be in it!"

The speaker went dead, and the giant door clicked, locking Karai inside the cell as well.

"WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE IM GONNA..."
Screamed Raphael, yanking on his chains hard!

All of a sudden, Rapheal stopped struggling and a look of pure fear washed over his face.

"Guys, why did her screaming stop?"

Something jerked me backwards, I flew through the air passing each room so fast it blurred together, I felt an incredible warmth shoot through me and I was back in my body!