Chapter 54

My Turtle Com vibrated on the dresser beside Leonardo's bed.

Karai lay sleeping beside me.

Dressed in simple black silk Pjs that I had used my power to dress her in because she had only had her armor and her Katana on her when she got here.

Master Splinter had insisted on us girls to have a room to ourselves because he deemed it inappropriate when he found out that I had spent the night in Raphael's room, and that Karai and Leo had shared the couch.

Leonardo, the most noble of his brothers was the first to volunteer to give up his room and sleep on the couch, till a new sleeping area could be made in the lair.

The text was from April

It said

"Surprise party for the guys, I need your help. My dad won't let me walk to the lair alone anymore, come get me, and try not to wake anyone up."

I checked the time, it was a little before 6 am...

I groaned, I hate early mornings.

Don't even get me started on "morning people."

Trying to channel my inner ninja I slowly crept out of the bed, using my magic I dressed my self in a simple grey jogging suit, as not to seem out of place in early morning New York.

Hopefully I don't get mugged.

I should tell someone where I'm going, just so they don't start a search party.

Walking around the bed I gently nudged Karai on the shoulder.

She groaned and cursed something in Japanese before opening her eyes.

"Where are you going?"

I put my finger to my lips.

"I'm going to out to get April, apparently she has some sort of surprise planned.

But don't tell anyone, if someone asks just say I went up for some air."

She nodded.

"Go back to sleep, ill probably be back before anyone wakes up anyways."

Picturing Aprils apartment in my mind.

Green smoke surrounded me, and a few seconds later I was standing in front of her door.

The darkness of the city surprised me, but the sun should be coming up any second now.

I saw a single light on in the second story.

I smiled at the Second time Around antique shop that was placed beside her apartment.

Little does she know one day she will own that baby.

Hopefully after she becomes a reporter.

She saw me from her windows as she brushed her bright red hair.

Her eyes widened and she started quickly finishing up her hair.

I leaned against the rails of the steps.

30 seconds later I heard rapid thumping down the steps inside and then she opened the door.

"How did you get here so fast? I sent that text like 5 minutes ago."

I waggled my ring finger in front of her face.

"Beam me up Scotty."

I quoted sarcastically.

"What?"

She asked confused as she shut the door behind her.

Oh yeah, no Star Trek here.