Chapter 50

Beaten and bruised we finally made it out of the building.

Surprisingly master Splinter had driven the Shellraiser to "our rescue"

And had parked it several blocks away!

Passing many Foot and Kraang on our way out of the Headquarters.

But with the Shredder gone and one death glare from Karai they willingly let us pass.

Raphael helped his Master, his arm wrapped around the waist of the giant rat, as we made our way to the Shellraiser.

Michelangelo and Karai though bruised and battered themselves each put an arm under Leonardo while April helped Donnie, who was still a little fuzzy from that whack to the head.

I had gotten my brother out of the closet, I think he had gone into shock, because he just stared blankly ahead, not saying a word, as I gently grabbed his arm and led him outside.

My body hurt, I was physically exhausted from the battle, my green skin had brownish bruises all over it, from where I had been punched, kicked or struck with a blunt weapon.

Thank heavens for the shell, because without its armored protection I knew I would not have survived that fight.

As we climbed into the massive armored subway car, I looked over to examine my friends.

Karai had a claw mark running from her shoulder, all the way down to her bicep.

Dogpounds paws no doubt.

April looked ok, other then her wild messy red hair, the sign that she struggled hard when kidnapped....

The guys had dark circles under there eyes, it looked like they hadn't slept.

I didn't think about how much had passed while we were in there.

Time passes differently when you hover between torture and unconsciousness.

"How long were we in there?"

I asked while pushing my mentally out of it brother down onto a seat, finally breaking the silence.

Donnie sighed as he slowly eased himself down into the drivers seat.

"37 hours..."

37 hours, that's a day and a half.

We were in there for that long?

"When you didn't come home or answer my calls after your shows I began to sense something foul, and when I called April and she didn't respond either it confirmed my fears, using the Global positioning tracker on my communications device I found your last known location."

"The Foot headquarters.."

Grumbled Raphael.

"But Sensei you can't even turn on the DVD player, how on earth did you manage to work the tracker?!"

Uttered Donatello In amazement.

"It is incredible the things one can do when one must."

Sensei and his ever cryptic sayings...

Donnie rubbed his head and groaned as he started the engine.

"Bro, you ok to drive?"

Mikey who had been leaning against the back of the drivers seat asked slightly worried.

He did have a point..

Donnie shook his head as if brushing something off.

"Yeah, I'll be ok."