Chapter 2 : Dinosaurs?

As Joe woke from his slumber he wiped the sleep from his eyes. He came to a sudden realization, don't eat the black berries. Taking a spin he saw a large sandy beach sprouting around him bordering onto the sea and a jungle. He took a few steps back seeing a large black mountain at what he assumed was the centre of the island. Joe decided to head to the mountain to scope out the island. He broke into a sprint heading straight ahead hoping that the mountain wasn't too far away. As he bolted through the trees he pushed away the bushes and branches that were grasping at his pale skin. He stopped in the clearing to catch his breath, he was freezing. Joe walked over to some bushes and grabbed some more of the delicate blue berries, he gulped them down with a speed that was incomprehensible to the human eye. After wiping the juice from his lips he heard a high pitched squeal.

Heading over to the sound he saw a Triceratops being harassed by some Compy's. Wait how did he know that? Eureka! He knew something Joe starting his life knowing very little, somehow knew that these were Dinosaurs. Acting on pure instinct he ran over and kicked a Compy square in the face. The others fled in panic and disappeared into the foliage. He walked over to the injured Trike soothing it so it didn't panic. "Its ok" he whispered. Again he was surprised at the noise he had made, yet it seemed natural. Immediately he felt a strange emotional attachments to the youngster. Grabbing the leaves of a nearby bush he wrapped them around the Trike's wounds. The Compy he kicked was lying on the floor unconscious. He felt sorry for the poor creature abandoned so easily by his pack, deciding against his better judgement, he scooped up the small reptile holding it in his arms he felt its cold scaly skin. He'd decided he would care for this Compy until it reached full health. It came to Joe's attention that he was still freezing so he took some more leaves and stripped them into some sinewy strips. Using them as string he knitted some leaves into clothes to keep him warm. He also made a small pouch to keep the small Compy in. Joe turn his attention to the Trike after discovering it was getting dark "come on little guy, or girl?" he said comfortingly. Although after saying this he realized that despite it being a youngster it was his height.

Joe got the "little" Trike to follow him he headed forward at a slower pace so the wounded Trike could keep up. He spotted a plateau with a cave carved into it, heading into the cave he decided to stay the night. The cave was quite small but cosy inside he found some animal pelts on the floor. Carefully he placed one of the pelts on the now shivering Trike. Bringing some pelts to wrap himself in he snuggled up to the Trike. He wrapped the Compy in his own little pelt.

Opening his eyes slowly he saw a humanoid shape scratching its rear end.