Chapter 13 : The Beginning Of The End

Joe cringed as Mary's cries littered the metal room muffled by hundreds of gallons of water. The escape was timed perfectly narrowly escaping with there lives.

Rising out several miles from Jack they began discussing a plan. "There's nothing left the dragon was our last hope." Joe solemnly admitted. "Aye it would seem, but there may be a kindling of hope." Bob spoke up with his strong accent. "There is a legend of a creature in the forests rarely seen called the DodoRex." Joe gave a bemused look of sheer failure, "Now's not the time for jokes Bob that's just impossible."

Later that night Joe still not believing in the DodoRex's existence, heard a faint chirping piercing the veil of his dreams. He stepped onto the cold metal floor his warm feet lingering with each step. Opening the steel reinforced door, he was surprised at the sight that lay before him. The reason why Jack knew where he was and enabled him to find every answer. His lifelong companion Carlos was chatting with the 120 Meganuera. Joe felt hate, anger, betrayal and a sudden sense of hopelessness all at once. He was overwhelmed with emotions but he knew what he had to do. Raising his hand he launched his spear directly at the insect tearing through its wing, sprinting he then grabbed Carlos by the back of his neck. Hoisting the reptile into the air as he watched the dragonfly drown "Bob" Joe called. "I know why Jack knows our every move" Bob burst out the door in excitement. "How does he know?" Bob shouted. "Carlos has been a spy since day one and the 120 Meganeura was also a a messenger." Joe said. "He's gone to far, we have to end this now, we're taking the fight to Jack" Bob stated.

After a few stops to local villages Joe, Bob, Tracy and Bob's little spoken about Toast the Mesopithicus had equipped themselves in camo. The compound was in sight after about two days of travelling. They were all riding on Tracy's saddle. Joe got Tracy to go into the jungle and removed her saddle and said his goodbyes, he didn't expect to come back.

Joe shot his newly acquired grappling hook to the top of the huge 25ft tall stone walls. It had been almost six months since he'd been here. Jack had been hard at work building walls the keep the rebels otherwise known as the black Rex's out. Jack evidently had not planned for Joe to be here. Joe looked around seeing species-X all over the walls. The gillie suit made them invisible to the plants. Joe sprayed himself with bug repellent so he'd be invisible to the Araneo's and Pulmonoscorpius. Joe ran along the wall to the nearest guard post he glanced inside to see two Jack supporters in full chitin armour. Jack supporters had become known as the arthropod legion. Joe placed a tranq dart into his rifle and called for Bob to do the same. They both snuck in through the window and grabbed the two men. Placing their hands over the guard's mouths and gripped their throats until they were out cold. From the tower they placed their longneck rifles onto the windowsill and scoped out the other towers. They darted one tower then another and another until the area was safe.

Once inside Jack's stone palace they struggled to find the throne room. However they did find a strange room filled with Araneo eggs and hatchlings, guarded by the Broodmother. They also found the armoury in which they swapped gillie for Flak and grappling hooks for swords. They found their way to a corridor with Dinosaur gate at the end. They approached the gate and slowly pushed it open. It grinded open. They gazed at the huge room with a metal throne at the end. Behind the throne was the black Rex, Yashcheritsa. And sitting comfortably on Direwolf pelts was Jack himself.