Chapter 6 : Meganeura

This came as a shock to everyone both Steve and Joe knowing of the giant Dragonflies. However Joe did not know it had been 3 years since the last level 120 sighting. On the other hand Steve did. "Are you crazy its been 3 years since the last 120. Also what do you want it for you can't tame them." Steve yelled. "Can't tame them through traditional methods however." Jack said following with a whistle. A large quad winged insect flew from Jack's small thatch hut. It's wings glistened beautifully in the torchlight. It had deep blue wings with the edges a dark crimson, on her small head were hundreds of eyes all one shiny shade of green. "However it is possible with the right food." He said finishing his sentence. Carlos was bemused by the Meganeura's bright colours. "Oh my Rex." Steve said gobsmacked. "How did you do this?" Joe said. "Get me the 120 and along with the Pulmonoscorpius I'll give you my recipe." Jack squealed with excitement.

And so Joe and Steve set off to look for the rare 120 level Meganeura. They headed to the swamp knowing that it was swarming with them. On the way there Steve had a moment of thought he wondered how Mad-Jack did this. Joe however already knew the answer in the list of blueprints Jack had in his mortar and pestle, there was bug meal. He discovered this after looking for somewhere to repair his armour. He started snooping around and found the blueprint. Joe didn't take it though he was many things none a thief.

As they arrived at the swamp the air became thick and heavy. The place buzzed with flies, hissed with snakes and snorted with sleeping Sarcos. The large crocs enjoyed basking in the mid-day sun. A Beelzebufo bounced past with an amused look on its face. "Do we have any Beelzebufo at the compound." Joe asked. "We have one called Bertha her owner's Megan." Steve answered. Joe knew from experience that Megan was not to be messed with, she was sweet yet fiery and had a short fuse on her temper. One of the Dragonflies flew past startling Joe back to the now. "Let's split up and get searching." Joe said.

They searched for hours upon hours with no sign of the 120. They'd caught dozens upon dozens of Meganeura but none were right. Eventually they'd spend days upon days searching to no avail. Every day at 6:30 am a messenger would come to see how they're quest had gone.

( 3 week timeskip)

One morning after leaving the outpost they'd built Joe saw one of the Dragonflies caught in an Araneo's web. He walked over to it and to his sheer wonder and surprise it was a 120. Joe couldn't believe how lucky he was he'd found it. He was so glad, so happy that he let out a whoop of joy. Then he cheered and cheered this cheering woke Steve up. Steve came over to see what the fuss was about. Joe told him then they both cheered. This however was a bad idea. Joe wrapped the insect in the web and set it down in the hut. Both of the survivors sat on the strip of land the hut sat on. A loud splash sounded through the swamp. Followed by a loud but deep hiss they both looked around in unison. Only to see a camo green Spinosaurus thundering towards them. It reared its crocodilian head back on its S shaped neck. The sun caught its spine showing the blood vessels and bones. He lunged with his left arm his claw caught Steve's flak armour and tore the chestplate off. Steve had a large gash on his stomach blood pouring out. It lunged at him again with his right arm Joe plunged his spear into the soft padding of its hand. The Spino screamed in pain at the blood gurgling out of its forearm. As it screamed Joe threw another spear into its gullet the Spino's scream was cut off. It was choking on its own blood, Joe launched another spear into the Spino's windpipe.

Joe stood over his opponents bloodied body Steve lying dead below the beast, Joe pushed the Spino off his comrade. He checked his friends pulse Steve was dead. Joe removed Steve's helmet it had a claw mark running through it. He placed the helmet over his own head. Joe grabbed the Meganeura and headed back to Mad-Jack's grotto.