Chapter 10 : Banished

Joe couldn't believe it after all that had happened he was banished. He thought that this was a bit of a bad way to go. Once again Joe found himself naked, cold and hungry. At least he had Tracy and Carlos he started harvesting wood to get some tools and build a home. Joe headed north where he knew there were no camps. Maybe he should warn the coastline camp or the mountain camp. Yes he would, Joe decided to go for the mountain camp first as it was at the most immediate risk. He sprinted through the jungle with his increased movement speed.

When Joe finally got to the top of the mountain he was breathless. Before him he saw not devastation like he expected but beauty. There were autumnal coloured Argents with blue saddles, the colour of the sky tribe. Pteradons soared nearby providing defence and lookout while huge Quetzals carried cargo and buildings. However not all the buildings were on Quetzals, there was a whole town in the mountains crater. The buildings were mostly wood and thatch because stone was too heavy to transport up here.

After discussing with the Skyborn who was the tribes leader they agreed to harbour him. There was only one Jack so he could only be in one place at one time so he would defend the compound. To his surprise Joe had learnt of the snow tribe in the north and the swamp tribe in the islands centre. There were also the cave, plains and sea tribes which Joe knew of. The tribe had also agreed to pick up Tracy at the bottom of the mountain.

As the large Quetzal landed next to Tracy he jumped off and began to comfort her for the journey. The Quetzal picked her up with its enormous talons and with a vice like grip carried her off. On the way to the top of the world Joe saw the true variety of Pteradon colours from simple green to a dark crimson they shined many vibrant colours.

Joe woke up in a sweat he couldn't forget Steve's death or the things Jack had told him. He stepped outside and sat on a cold metallic rock gazing at the moon. "Beautiful isn't it." A female voice stated. Joe turned around to discover that it was the Skyborn. "Many people from all the tribes believe you are something special." She said. "What do you mean?" Joe questioned. "Well your knack at taming for one. Also Jack is very smart don't underestimate him so why would he kick you out?" She answered. "Because I saw Steve die he'll probably blame me for it." Joe doted. "No Jack is many things but not a lier. There is a prophecy about a survivor with a friendliness towards dinosaurs. A gift some say, they would be the one to tame the black demon." The Skyborn told him. "Yashcheritsa, that's crazy, no that's impossible." Joe said.

Joe woke up in the morning feeling revived after last nights conversation he didn't feel any better about defeating Jack. However they did seem to think that he was this chosen one. He wasn't very keen on so much resting on his shoulders. So many lives will be ruined by Jack if he doesn't though so what choice did he have. He walked out of the hut he was staying in and pet Tracy on her emerald green scales. She followed him as he headed to the meeting there was one every morning. Everyone hushed as the Skyborn started speaking. "Hello everyone, hope you had a great sleep, I have something very important to say today. We all believe that Joe is the chosen one however he is not sure. Today we will hunt down Yashcheritsa and tame her, with Joe's hope I know we will succeed." The crowd roared, cheered to Joe's surprise. They had so much faith in him even though they barely knew him. When everyone quietened she spoke again "I have one more thing to say before we start. I am Liz...