Chapter 11 : A Beast Born Of Flame

"How could you Liz, I loved you, how could you watch me in so much pain and do nothing?" A voice shouted from behind Joe. Joe spun round and to his baffled surprise Jack stood atop the Broodmother, casting a thick shadow on the surrounding area. "And Joe I'm disapointed in you, hiding up here in the mountains thinking I wouldn't find you. Don't even try going to the other settlements they're mine too." Joe and Carlos together bore the same look of fear. "Leave before I kill you Joe." Joe trudged towards Tracy and hoisted himself onto her saddle.

Two days later Joe had a small camp set up in the forest. A thatch hut, how would he fight Jack from here. Luckily Jack hadn't heard about the plan. Anyway there was still one other person Jack hadn't captured Bob. Joe had grown close to his saviour Bob since he took him to camp. First order of business would be finding him. However Joe had learnt that Bob had a Mosasaur who he had built a fortress on, he suspected Bob would be there.

Sneaking quietly Joe unhooked the Quetzal's rope. This was Liz's battle Quetzal with high health and attack damage. Jack had taken Liz from her home at the top of the mountain and to the main compound. The Quetzal was called Mary in honour of her cruel friend who met a most unfortunate fate. Joe and Carlos crept onto her neck and flew her from the encampment some Jack loyalists shouted obscenities at him as he sped away.

As Joe made his getaway he saw something unusual in the sky, something red something huge. The beast breathed flame from its maw, the Araneo's bugged it as the island now swarmed with Jack's minions. Joe being kind hearted shot at the spiders with his rifle. After doing so the dragon flew towards the forest and somehow disappeared through the massive trees.

He finally arrived home and as he did a shape loomed in the shadows...