You're Not Sorry [13]

As I sprinted to the graveyard in my wolf form, Claire's words repeated over and over again in my head.

" . . . nothing was ever the same again . . . never found her . . . and everyone thought she was dead . . ."

Dead. Everybody that I knew thought I was dead. Nobody ever found me. What did my parents do? How did they take it? I wonder if my brother and my mate really did care? Probably not. They were the reason I left in the first place. Colton broke my heart and my own flesh and blood didn't even bother to back me up. So much for family. The only family I have now is the Darkmoon Pack, and it's going to stay that way. They were there for me when I needed them the most. They took me in and treated me as if I were their own. I gained the respect that I always had deserved from those people. I was never looked down upon because I was always treated as an equal.

I slowly walked up the hill that lead to the graveyard and shifted back into my human form behind a tree. I sniffed the air and noticed a familiar scent.

Colton. What the hell is he doing here? My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to sneak a peek of him from the tree I was hiding behind. He was crouched down in front of a tomb stone and he placed down a bouquet of blue tulips. I watched as he stayed in that position for a couple of minutes before he stood up and dusted off his pants. "I'm sorry." Was the last thing he said before he shifted into his wolf and ran into the woods.

I made my way over to the tombstone Colton seemed so attached to. When I saw the name, my hand flew over my mouth as I gasped.

Toni Maria Johnson

Loving Daughter and Caring Sister

January 1989 - August 2005

"For one, I hate these stupid flowers." I grabbed the tulips and chucked them into the lake. "Second, I hate this f*cking tombstone." I ran up to the tree that was close by and punched a hole straight through it. The tree trunk snapped in half and it fell to the ground with a loud thump! "And third, I hate Colton motherf*cking Lockwood." I picked the tree up and hurled it into the forest hoping that Colton would be there and the tree would hit him with so much force that his skull would be cracked open and he would be killed instantly.

How dare he say he was sorry! To believe I made out with him. He was not sorry. He was the opposite of sorry. How dare he come to my god damn grave and apologize for whatever the hell he did! I don't care if you're "sorry" Colton. I really could care less. You out of all people should not be here. You don't get to tell me that you are sorry. You don't get to loom over my tombstone and say you're sorry. Then again, I hope you feel sorry! I hope you regret every single damn thing you did to me because you broke my heart. You broke my heart into millions and millions of little tiny pieces and stomped on each and everyone turning it into nothing but dust.

To say I was angry was an understatement. I don't know what made me more mad. The fact that he did what he just did or the fact that I forgave him so easily. I was not sad, I was not depressed, or even shocked that there was actually a tombstone for me. I'm alive, yes nobody knows, but I'm still breathing.

If he was going to say sorry, I was going to say thank you. Thank you Colton Lockwood for breaking my heart five years ago. Thank you for telling me I was weak and pathetic. Thank you Colton Lockwood for making me runaway. Thank you, Mr. Alpha. If you didn't do any of those things I still would have been on the bottom, always thinking that I was worthless.

But I'm not worthless. I have people who care about me. Actual people and not just figures of my own imagination. Who even cares about Colton anyways?