Is This The End?

Chapter 13: Is This The End?

Rating:M

Warning(s):I promise Misaki is okay. I'd never hurt him that bad.

Disclaimer:I only own my Alex and the plot.

A/N:Read authors note at the end of the chapter please.^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy Anniversary Alex. I love you."

I looked around me there was nothing but darkness. 

Where am I? Did I die? Did Alex find me? I looked at my body. There was no blood and no wounds. "Misaki." I jumped slightly at the sound of my own name. I thought I'd never hear that voice again.

I turned around and saw Alex. He was standing with Takahiro, my brother. They both smiled coming to me. "Alex? Nii-san? W-What are you doing here?" They both took my hands and we began walking in some direction. "Nii-San what's going on here?"

He smiled at me. "We're showing you the way out." Suddenly a bright light appeared. "Just walk to the light over there." Alex said. I had a little doubt. "If I go to the light will I wake up? Or am I going to die?" I looked at Alex for answers.

"Well Misaki that's your decision." They both disappeared in the blink of an eye. I looked into the light. It wasn't blinding. It was actually warm and beautiful. I walked into it hoping Alex would be on the other side.

My eyes fluttered open slowly. I could hear the steady beeping of a heart monitor. I looked up at the pale ceiling in the room. The air in the room felt stale and the pain from earlier was back. Though now it was more like a dull ache. I sat up a little looking around the room.

My brother was sleeping in a chair across the room and Alex slept in a chair by my bed. His hand rested gently on mine. He was wearing the watch I bought him for our anniversary. I couldn't help but smile. I gently intertwined our hands. This made Alex stir and  wake up. He rubbed his eyes and smiled at me.

I smiled back weakly. "Hey. Happy Anniversary." His smile softened like he was in pain. He looked down and held my hand tighter. I watched him not really knowing what to say. His shoulders were shaking and I could tell he was about to cry.

I rubbed his back with my free hand. "I-I'm s-sorry Misaki. I-I should've b-been t-there when you n-needed m-me." He sobbed into my hand. "W-When I g-got h-home there was just s-so m-much b-blood. I s-saw t-the m-message you wrote. I was so scared that you wouldn't make it."

I had never seen him cry. Or show weakness for that matter. I couldn't imagine how vulnerable he felt. I let him cry for a little while. I waited until he calmed down before saying anything.

"It's not your fault Alex." I lifted his face with my free hand to gaze into his eyes. "I don't want you blaming yourself for this. Because it's not your fault. I'm just sorry for making you put up with all of this." I leaned closer to him ignoring the strain I put on myself and closed the space between us.

I kissed him deeply pouring everything I had into the kiss. When I pulled away I saw a faint blush on Alex's cheeks. "I've always wanted to do that. I love you Alex. I love you so much." He laughed softly trying to hide his face that was growing redder by the second. 

"I love you too Misaki. With all my heart. I'll never stop loving you. Even if you choose to stop loving me." Alex spoke to me softly. I loved the sincerity behind his words. I knew this love would last.

"I don't think me not loving you will ever become a problem." I said with a smile before pulling Alex into another kiss. I was so happy in this moment. In a weird way I could almost thank Usagi for what he'd done. Without him I'd still be miserable and lonely, but because of him a was able to find love once again.

 I looked over to my brother seeing he was just waking up. I smiled at him softly.

"Hey Nii-san." He looked at me then rushed to my side and hugged me tightly. "Nii-San...hurts..can't...breathe..." He let go apologizing softly. I told him it was fine. I asked him how he knew what happened. Alex had called him and told him everything. And I really mean everything.

I blushed softly looking down. "So you know about me and Usagi?" He smiled and nodded. "How come you never to old me Misaki? I'm your brother. I thought we could talk about everything." I looked at him. "It's not that I don't trust you. I just didn't want to bother you with my problems. And I wasn't sure how you'd take the news that I was dating your best friend."

"Well it did come as a bit of a shock to me, but I could never be bothered by you Misaki. You're my little brother and I love you." I smiled a him happy to hear those words. They calmed my thoughts considerably.

 "Misaki there's one more thing." His voice had gotten deeper which made it clear that he had bad news. "Misaki. Usagi...he didn't die. He's in critical condition and in a medical induced coma."

My heart practically stopped. Alex and Takahiro assured me that he would go to jail for attempted murder when he wakes up. That made me feel at ease. We all talked for awhile then Nii-san had to leave. Alex stayed because well he was on shift at the hospital.

He told me to stay rested and not strain myself. I really love him I thought to myself. He checked in on me when he could. I was happy that someone cared so much for me.

A few weeks later I got out the hospital. Alex and I moved out of his apartment into a nice sized house. He moved all the stuff out the apartment while I was in the hospital. So it was a big surprise. The house was perfect. I love it almost as much as I love things are looking up.

So I live happily ever after.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers. So this is the end of this story. I thought I had uploaded this chapter ages ago but clearly I hadn't. So I apologize for the wait. I've gotten some messages on ideas for a sequel. Some people want me to write the story from Usagi's POV. And others want me to write a oneshot for Usagi's trial. I don't mind doing both, but let me know which you'd like to see first. Until then toddles. And Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!! ^_^