The Beginning of a Home (REWRITTEN)

So I began rewriting this and then it got deleted... nice right haha; here we go again.

BE WARNED BEFORE READING  CHAPTERS THAT DON'T SAY REWRITTEN WON'T MATCH THE STORY LINE OF THOSE THAT DO!

"Maddison?"

I looked up from my homework and smiled

"Yeah Mum?"

"Can I have a hug?"

I nodded standing and walking to her, I could feel her heartbeat against mine, as if it was the sound of home.

"I love you, Sweetie"

"I love you too," I mumbled into her shoulder feeling the warmth of her cover me completely.

*

*

*

That warmth I once felt before is gone; cold air hits my skin, my head aches as goosebumps dot my uncovered flesh, and the thoughts of these past weeks go speeding through my mind.

"Maddison?"

My eyes meet the blue of the woman's in front of me.

"I was a friend of your mother's."

I nod as I acknowledge the words I've heard many times today, my lips too dry to speak.

"She told me to look after you."

I look down and silently sigh as I prepare myself for the tears and hugs I've received all day.

"You will come and live with my family and I until you come of an age where you can make your own decisions."

I look up to her as I see a clear expression of nothing, no remorse, no regret, no sadness. Just nothing. A serious tone is heard within her voice as I noticed things about her that don't seem to fit my mother's friends normal portrayal.

I lick my lips and swallow as I prepare to speak.

"You may not know this but it was within your mother's will, I regret that this is our first time meeting but as I was close with Anne you may trust me."

"I..." Speechless and confused I nod.

"I'm Lydia Miller." The woman smiles.

*

*

*

Before I knew it I was on a plane with Lydia heading to America, the shock of my mothers death still strong in my mind.

I always knew that my mum's family hated us, mum wouldn't tell me too much but she did say she loved my dad and I very much, and that she wished it could of all been different. Dad left before I was born that's all I know about him.

"This must be very strange for you."

I look over to Lydia as she slips the coffee she was just given. "Losing your mother, moving to a completely different country."

I nod, my mind confused and in pain.

"Hm, do you get plane sick?" Lydia asks.

"I... I'm not sure, I've never been on a plane."

Lydia nods pulling some pills out of her purse. "Plane sickness pills, they'll help you sleep you look tired."

I take them from her and smile, "thanks."

Two pills are down my throat in a flash and as time passes I feel my eyelids drop as I fall into the first good sleep I've had in a while.

*

*

*

I wake up in a car, my head aching and my body stiff.

"Lydia?" I mumble.

"Yes, hi Maddison." She turns to face me in the car as we're both in the back seat.

"Where are we?"

"Your new home." She smiles, looking out the window.

I follow as we pull up to a huge apartment complex.

*

*

*

I drag my feet as we walk up some stairs and into the building.

"Hello Miss Miller." A man greets us at the door.

"Hello Roger, "Lydia smiles and I copy.

We continue to an elevator and go up to the top floor.

"My husband and I own this complex as well as some others, we have five sons four of which live with us."

I nod watching as the doors open and we're welcomed by the smell of mint and vanilla.

"Mom!" A little boy screams from down the long hallway, running on his little legs towards us.

"Hey Harry." Lydia picks the boy up, my face dropping as I realize my mum will never be able to hold me again.

"Who's that?" The boy who looks about three years old asks and points to me.

"Don't point its rude, and that's Maddison. She'll be staying with us from now on."

Harry grins a half toothless grin, "my older sister?" he asks excitedly.

"Oh Harry not really--"

"Yes, I am" I smile back at him, "you have to look after me okay?" I poke his nose.

His eyes widen and his grin somehow gets ten times bigger. "YAY!" He shouts jumping onto the ground and running off.

"Thanks." Lydia looks to me, "your room is down that hall second door on the left, there should be everything you need in there for you also dinner is at seven."

I nod and begin the walk away.

"And Maddison?"

I look back.

"I'm sorry about Anne."

I smile sadly and continue to walk to the second door on the left.

*

*

*

I look into the mirror place in my new room, my head still running in circles as I smile at myself letting it drop straight after.

"Guess practicing a genuine 'I'm okay' smile was a good thing." I mumble jumping onto my new bed and curling into a ball of no sleep.

So I may or may not of killed two of the Millers, guess you'll just have to wait and see which ones haha sorry, but hey cute little Harry is still around.

Also if this is your first time reading, you'll have no idea what I'm on about. Just this wasn't the original story line.

More to come.