Chapter 2

It has been a long few days considering Haymitch will keep pestering me to eat and what not. He won't allow me to eat in my room, always right infront of him. Ugh. You would think, knowing me, I would have gone mentally insane by all of this. Shockingly enough I have only tried to kill him once. Little did I know he still slept with a knife clentched in his fists. Ouch.

I pull up my wooly sweater and rub my boney fingers across my scab. Don't you always wonder why people poke things whne you know it's still going to hurt. I never understood that. but I still do it anyways.

"Hey you!" Haymitch calls, waving his annoying little claws he calls hands in my face!

"What!" I yell, not as rude as I had intended.

"Lover Boy is going to show up in the next day or two," He begins, "Better start to clean yourself up to impress."

"I am here not to impress some guy I acted in love with," I choke out, "I really did love him after that, sweet, lingering kiss on the beach but that is behind us, he hates me and that will stand."

"Before you go on, Gross, second-" i stop his sentence by getting up but of course it was too easy, he grabs onto me like some wolf on a plumb chicken. Which means, this HURTS!

"Ouch!" I yelp rubbing my poor arm.

"He doesn't hate you sweetheart." This is the sweetest he has been to me since the Quell.

"HE- HE-HE-"

"He was hijacked hun." first time he hasn't used sweetheart since, I met him.

"HE CALLED ME A MUTT HAYMITCH! HE LOVED ME! NOW I AM JUST A UGLY DOG!" I cry, tears flying down my cheeks. He wipes away my tears with his rough finger.

"He never ment it,"

"Save it, I am going."

"Where? Not anywhere with out me!"

"Shut up! I am going into the woods," I sniffle up the last of my tears, the last for now, "To think!"

"I will be keeping a close eye on you Sweetheart." There he goes again...

"Fine!" I charge past the annoyance and run to the trees. I haul my leg around the large branch, One by one till I make it up the tree. Tears slowly make it's reappearance and there is no one to keep my sane. I imagine Peeta's strong secure arms around my figure. I never realized I missed him so much till now. I never realzied he'd ever mean so much to me. Maybe it would be better for the both of us if I died. It would have been better if the ate those poison berries. He would live a happy life with a beautiful wife and children that look like a spit image of him. I can't give him that. I am no wonder woman and as I told Gale those years ago, I am never having kids. I couldn't lose them the ways mothers lose their kids these days. Even though Snow is gone there is still a risk my child could die. Probably because of me because every death in this Nation has been my fault, atleast since the rebellion.

I am about to swing my leg around the branch but I must be imagining that branch becauseI fall, my head hitting the large branch I used to get up here in the first place. I drop fast and my whole body aches.

"Katniss!" Someone yells shaking me back and forth. I would try to make out who it is but I am too far gone.