Chapter 30

Peeta's POV

Delilah and I are walking through the villages of the Captiol. When she pipes up.

"How were you and Katniss, I was never allowed to watch the games, but I heard you guys got engaged."

"Ya we did, but it wasn't real."

"What do you mean?"

"Well she didn't really love me."

"I bet she did Daddy."

I pause for a bit, I am not possitive on Katniss's feelings for me. All I know is I love her, always.

Always...

All of it comes rushing back. The nights we spent together. I can remember it as clear as day.

The first time she woke up screaming. I freaked out, obviously afraid of what was happening to my precious Katniss. I ran in franticly to her room on the train, her eyes full tears. I immeditaly wanted to run and kiss her beautiful, perfectly pink lips but I couldn't. All I could do is tell her is those horrible things aren't as true as they seem in her head. That little girl is all broken. She explained to me it was just a nightmare and I nodded telling her goodnight; from a distance, knowing that the romantic gesture I wanted to do to would make her very uncomfortable. But to my surprise she pleaded for me to stay with her. What she didn't realize is that made me that happiest man in the world. Me. Being her own comfort. Without hesitation I walked to her bed side and climbed in next to her. My arms wrapping around her body. Her face was full of tears. That's my weakness. Seeing her cry is the worst thing ever. I let her burry her face on my chest as her eyes slowly fell down and she went to sleep. I kept rubbing her shoulder, making sure she was okay and fast asleep before I found myself falling asleep.

Delilah is starring at me and I look at her perfectly seam grey eyes, as Katniss has, "Peeta, we need to find her."

I finally am worried about her and nod.

I hope she's okay..

She needs to be okay.

I'll find you Katniss.

Before it's too late.

***

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Comment what you were feeling while reading and what you think will happen next.

Do you like Delilah?

Do you think Peeta will find Katniss soon?

All will eventually we answered😊

ilysm!

Thanks for 9.3k reads! You guys are the best!😚❤️

Please Vote and tell your friends💞

-Ash xox