Chapter 25

Peeta's POV

Delilah is trying to pry the ropes from eachother. They are in tightly compacted knots and I don't think a little girl will be able to pull them apart, atleast without any help. Which she won't get any because..well you know. Anyways, she is wonderful company. I never really thought I'd want anyone to come free me after the pain and suffering I've been through because..what's the point..Katniss basically hates me..she's all I'd live for. My spark in the darkest of days. Now I don't know where she is or if I'll ever see her again.

Delilah speaks gently to me, like to a lost puppy, "Shh Peeta don't cry."

Before I could realize it tears are slowly streaming down my face.

She says again, "It's okay I am here for you."

Her little toddler hands caress my cheeks, wiping every single tear away with one clear sweep.

I smile slightly at her sweet actions and say, "how could your family be so cruel?"

Her smile turns to a frown and I decide that question was so stupid, she says, "Because my brother dropped me off. He did really love me but I was the one that they couldn't care for me anymore-"

"Why?"

"I kept getting hurt, sick, anything- you name it. And the people I went to live with thoght they just said that, so they assumed I was a bad child."

She pulled up her shirt revealing whip scars, all over. Some marks deeper than others, without knowing exact what to say I just gasp and I feel so sorry but I just can't express it.

"Tell you what," I begin, not really knowing where I am going with this, "Once and If I get out of here, I'll take you in as mine, you understand?"

Delilah jumps around, a smile glued to her face, "Daddy?" She asks unsure.

I nod indelight.

"Daddy." I state.

****

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED

THANKS FOR 7k READS AND 200+ VOTES

OMG YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST

ILYSM!

PLEASE KEEPT VOTING AND COMMENTING!☺️

JUST ILYSM AND I CANT SAY THAT ENOUGH!

-Ash xox