Chapter 1 - New Years Eve Surprises

(A/N: Their thoughts are in italics)

Peter's POV

It is currently ten o' clock in the morning and Blaise and Blair, my younger twin siblings who are both fifteen, are parading around the house as it is a day before New Years.

Ughhh, can't they just keep quiet for once...

"BLAIR! BLAISE! SHUT UP!!" I screamed.

"Nah big brother, it's New Years Eve!" they shouted back.

"New Years Eve is usually at night, go back to bed!" I replied

But, of course they wouldn't listen to me, they were still making a lot of noise. So I decided to get out of bed and get ready, as I was already awake thanks to the twins. I got ready and put on denim jeans and a red polo. When I arrived at the dining room table, I had a late breakfast and went to the garden where my parents were sitting and having coffee.

"Good morning, darling," mom said.

"Morning mom, dad," I said and gave mom a hug and sent a nod my father's way.

"Good morning, son. Sit down, we have something to discuss with you," my father replied.

I had a feeling it was to do with girls, my playboy ways, and getting 'settled down' as they put it. My suspicions were confirmed when my mother started speaking.

"Pete, your father and I have decided that you have to find a girl-"

I cut her of and spoke quiet firmly to both of them.

"Mother, we have went over this time and time before, I have not found the right girl yet and when I do, I will know it."

"You didn't let me finish, I was going to say that we have decided that you have to find a girl before the end of the next year or we will find one for you, as when you take over the company, you will need a lady to support you and it will benefit the company too if you have a stable relationship and not go sleeping around with other girls because that will bring your status down." She finished.

I can't believe she just wants to dump this on me, I guess I have to go with it, I would never disobey my mother, I may be cold, arrogant and heartless, but I respect and love my mother and father too much.

"Alright mother, I'm doing this for you," I stated

"Good, my boy, remember, you have till the thirty first of December 2016" my father reminded me.

Well I guess I have to go girl hunting now, I hope that they don't expect me to fall in love or any silly things like that, because, in my opinion, love is a worthless emotion that deserves to be locked away.

Dae's POV

It's seven in the morning and I'm just lying on my king sized bed, thinking about the year ahead, it is the day before New Years and I want to make the most of it.

Knock knock

"Come in," I called, after I heard a knock at my bedroom door.

The door opened and in came my maid, Lily.

"Good morning miss, your parents require your presence in the manors gardens to dine with them, they would also like to discuss something that I am unaware of with you." She squeaked.

"Thank you for informing me Lily, I'll make sure I'm there, you may be excused," I replied.

She left the room and I was once again drowned in my own thoughts, they have been bugging me to find myself a man for quiet some time now, actually it was ever since I started getting involved with our company, our company is a chain of hotels and restaurants all owned by the Carter family, the company Carter Inc, run the hotels and restaurants from our main building, here in France. As I am the heiress of the company, it is my duty to take over the companies as my older brother Alexander is a famous architect and is quiet content with his job, and my younger brother, Kyle, is still in school. Mother and father expect me to fall in love or something like that, but what they don't know, is that two years ago, I had a very bad experience with love when I went on a business trip to America to secure a deal and give ideas about a new restaurant. It was a three month stay and during those three months, I met who I thought was the most amazing man on the planet, but he proved me wrong when I found him with another girl. My heart has been locked up ever since. And I don't plan on unlocking it. It's been about twenty minutes now and I have just sat on my bed, staring at the wall.

I better go get ready now.

I started getting ready and because it was going to be hot today, i just put on shorts and a crop top and went to the manor gardens to meet my parents for breakfast. When I got there, they were patiently waiting for me and passing the time by talking, when they saw me my mother rushed up to me and gave me a hug

"Bonjour mon chèr, you look beautiful" she exclaimed, while hugging me.

"Bonjour mama, papa" I said politely.

"Good morning darling, sit down and have breakfast with us," he said, while patting the seat to the left of him, opposite my mother.

We sat down and started eating.

I wonder what my parents want to talk to me about?

I guess I didn't have to wait long for my answer, because mama started talking.

"Mon chèr, do you remember when we said that you have to find yourself a man-"
I was going to say that I didn't need one or just simply couldn't find the right man, but she left me no room to interrupt.

"- and before you interrupt, I have a proposition to make, you have to find a decent man before the end of the New Year or your father and I will find one for you."

The tone she said it in left no room for arguing over it, It was a done deal, one that my papa approved of.

I couldn't possibly disobey my parents, it's against the way I was brought up and I'll do anything to see them happy.

"Alright mama, just for you and papa, if I don't find a guy before the end of the New Year, I will try to be happy with whatever man you give me," I replied.

She looked delighted at the very prospect that I was going to start looking for a nice, suitable man because ever since that heartbreak two years ago, I never dated again, I vowed to myself that I will never open my heart up to anyone, and that is what I did for the last two years, never dated and kept to myself while still maintaining a cheerful and carefree personality. I was twenty one then, now I'm twenty three and more mature than than that twenty one year old me who wore her heart on her sleeve. I am ready to break that vow and move on because I can't dwell on the past, only look to the future.