Chapter 18 - nice to meet you

Dae's POV

"We need to talk."

What a peculiar sentence. It can be used when you want to break up with someone, maybe breaking some bad news to someone, how about telling an old friend that you need to keep into contact with?

Almost all of the time, it's usually the precursor to some bad news. I wonder whether that's the case right now?

•••

"Yeah, we do." He said and led me to his living room.

We both sat down and I decided to start, I was the one who brought it up after all.

"Peter, I'm really sorry about this morning. I wasn't thinking properly when it happened and I just, I'm really sorry and I hope this doesn't complicate your relationship with Aiden." I bit my lip, waiting for a reply.

He remained silent for a few seconds, "Honestly Dae, I don't care about who you sleep with. You really don't need to apologize for sleeping with Aiden. I think we need to discuss us, what happened four months ago."

"I guess we do." I said and turned to look at him, I was kinda dreading this.

"I guess I'll start. When I saw you, I thought that you were the most beautiful woman I had ever had the pleasure of laying my eyes on. When I met you at the ball again, I realized that you weren't just gorgeous, you had an amazing personality, you were kind and seemingly always happy and that's what I liked about you. Initially, I was just going to pursue you to sleep with you and then probably never contact you again, but then I realized that you were different from the other girls. Different in the most amazing way possible, so I decided that you were going to be more than a fling, I wanted to build a friendship with you, maybe one that led to a relationship. When you turned me down, at first I carried on pursuing you, but once you flat out rejected me I kind off decided that maybe we weren't meant to be. I just want to know, why didn't you give me a chance?"

I sat there and desperately tried to control my emotions, I honestly felt so bad for doing this to him.

"Well, the first time I saw you, I was practically in awe of how much like a god you looked. When I met you at the ball, I liked you instantly, you were charming and extremely nice for your given reputation. But then I was reminded about your reputation, of who you are and what you did to girls. At first I didn't care, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I would never have a chance to be more than just a fling for you. I know that I was wrong in saying what I said to you and I know that no matter how much I apologize, I cannot make up for all the hurtful words I told you. I guess the reason why I rejected you was for protection, I was protecting myself from what I thought was an inevitable heart break and I don't think I could go through another one of those again." I replied.

We both sat there in silence after that, him processing what I said and me trying to desperately figure out what he was thinking.

"I understand, my reputation is not a good one when it comes to relationships. I truly am sorry that you only saw what the world chooses to see and not what I was trying to show you." He said and stood up and walked to his window overlooking the city skyline.

"How about we start again?" I asked and he turned around to face me.

I stood up and started walking towards him.

"I'm Dae Carter, and you are?" I said and held my hand out.

"Peter, Peter Argent." He said and smirked and then took my hand and kissed it.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Peter."

"Oh trust me, the pleasure is all mine." He gave me one of his familiar smirks.