Chapter 25 - home.

Dae's POV

It had been almost three years since the man I had grew to love went missing. The rumour was that the Italian mafia was after him and had finally caught him. Exactly a month after he was declared missing. I did something. I wrote a letter addressed to him and, along with some other items, put it in a box and left it in his house.

"Good morning Miss Carter. You're nine am is waiting in your office." My secretary said as she met me at the elevator doors.

"My office? I thought we were using the conference room." I asked her.

"He requested your office ma'am. I couldn't persuade him otherwise." She said as she took her seat in front of my office.

I walked inside and there stood:

"Aiden Locasin." I said as I walked slowly to face him.

I sat down and he sat down as well and smirked at me.

"Nice to see you Dae. It's been quite some time." He smiled sadly.

"It's been about a year since we last saw each other, if I recall correctly." I replied.

He nodded.

"So where did you go? How have you been?" I asked him. I was curious. He had almost dropped of the face of the earth.

"I was visiting a friend." He said softly.

"A friend? That's nice. Where?" I asked him.

"Iceland."

"Iceland? That's an interesting place to hang out." I said and grinned.

He gave me a half smile. "It's also an interesting place to hide."

Who was hiding? Who did I know that was-

"Hide," my voice broke, "He's alive?"

Aiden nodded. I felt the tears rush to my eyes but I managed to blink them away.

"Peter's alive." I whispered and smiled.

"He's coming back to Paris next month. His family already knows. I just thought I should let you know." Aiden said as he stood up and walked to the door.

He was opening it when I spoke, "Aiden?"

He turned so I could see the side of his face.

"Thank you."

He nodded and left.

-

Peter's POV

"Hey grouch. You all packed?" I heard her say as she walked into the drawing room.

"Rain." I said and hugged her.

"We're leaving in a few hours. You packed Peter?" She asked me.

I nodded and went back to reading.

"Are you excited?" She asked as she motioned for me to sit up so she could sit down.

I lay my head on her lap and she started playing with my hair as I carried on reading.

"Why was I allowed to go back?" I asked her, not expecting an answer.

"Because they got a new leader." Aiden said as he entered the room and the conversation.