Chapter 11

"Turn your pain into power." Money Dream: MrsMadSwag 

11. Good Girls Gotta Get Down With The Gangsters

"Yo, I'll put my foot so far up yo' ass, you'll be sh*ttin' sneaker for a month!"

I laughed out loud as my eyes stayed glued on the TV screen, showing House Party. This was honestly one of favourite movies in history. I was home alone on a Friday night and having a movie date with myself, a tub of Ben and Jerry's, two large packets of sweets, a block of Galaxy, one bowl of popcorn coated in melted chocolate and another coated in icing sugar. I was in absolute bliss!

Everyone seemed to be busy tonight so I thought, what's better than quality time with myself? 

Quality time with my family. 

I frowned and took a deep breath as I shook the never ending thoughts from my head. Life was hectic right now and I was yearning for the feeling of family. I missed my mother, my sister and my two brothers dearly and all I had left were memories that I hoped would help me survive without them. 

I reached for some more popcorn and groaned when I realised that I'd eaten it all. I shrugged and moved on to the next bowl in happiness when the front door opened, revealing Kai. I was surprised that Delante wasn't in tow. The two were practically joined at the hip.

I almost choked on my popcorn as I saw his face. Complete astonishment. I giggled. 

I probably looked like a female with no care for my hygiene and physical appearance. My hair was piled on the top of my head and I sat in a heap on the couch, with blankets piled on top of me and food around me. I munched on my popcorn and smiled in greeting. 

"Eva?" Kai questioned in surprise as his eyes ran over the crumbs scattered everywhere.

"It's pretty, right?" I grinned 

"Not as pretty as my toes. Now, move over, I'm coming in!" Kai said as he ran and jumped on top of me. Oh and did I mention that Kai was now my second best friend? Cory would always be my first. Kai was so awesome! I could see why Geraldine liked him a lot. He was really funny and was practically my older brother. He'd been coming over a lot lately because his parents were having marital problems and he hated being in such an environment. 

"Where's D?" I questioned as I chewed on some Haribos. 

"His mum's. He'll be back in the morning," Kai replied. I couldn't ignore the feeling in my stomach of my heart dropping but quickly shook it off. 

He snuggled next to me and grabbed some sweets from my bowl. Together, we munched and watched the movie. 

"I wanna grow my hair like that," Kai said with his mouth full as he referred to Young Kid's hairstyle. 

"Really?" I replied, feeling interested. That would be awesome if he did! 

"Nah, I'm just f*cking wit' yah," he spluttered and choked on his popcorn. I looked at him and looked away. He continued for a few more minutes before he stopped and started breathing heavily. 

"You're so dramatic," I sighed. The sound of his exaggerated gasp filled my ears. 

"Man could have died and you wan' say I'm 'overdramatic,'" He mimicked in a poor attempt at my voice. 

"Well, you haven't so?" 

"You know what? I'm sick of you." 

"Is it?" I asked, not caring. 

"It is. So," he began. "GG said anything about man?" he raised his eyebrows and grinned. I chuckled. It was obvious Kai liked Geraldine but I knew she was quite skeptical about him, seeing as he did have quite a reputation with the female population of London.