Dylan O'Brien x Reader

"Dylan, I'm sorry, okay? I, I can't change it, I can't change the life that I have to carry too when I'm dating you. I don't want you to change you or your life. This is what you're awesome at. This is what you want to do. This is what I want you to do. Because you love doing this job." "But I love you too! Don't do that. Please. We can figure something out but don't go." Dylan took your hands in his. "I love you too." You stated leaning your forehead against his wrapping your arms around him. Hugging back he buried his head in your hair. "Dylan. I love you. More than I've ever loved someone. But I can't do that anymore." "But-" "Dylan." You interrupted him parting from him slowly. "I have everything I need here in my bag. The rest is yours. I'm sorry, Dylan." The last words just came out like a whisper when your voice broke." You walked out of the apartment with a giant bag full of clothes and your personal stuff. You two moved into a new apartment together so you bought everything together as well. With tears rolling down your cheeks you made your way through the streets on your way to your best friend.
**time skip**
It was weird being apart from him. After 3 months you were still not really over him especially because you saw fans all the time tweeting about meeting him and seeing how sad he was. The fans were getting worried, constantly asking why you broke up. He never tweeted much but now he was. He tweeted happy quotes trying to keep up his masquerade. But the fans he meets everyday and that post pictures of him have already seen how down and empty he seems. You were on your way to a little café when suddenly a girl walked up to you. His fans kept finding you, asking you and tweeting you. After you talked to her trying to not look annoyed and stay friendly you continued walking. In the café, which seemed very empty in comparison to the Starbucks a few streets from here, you sat down next to the window and started watching your favorite series on your tablet after ordering. After a while you suddenly hear your name being said in that just well-known voice. There he was unexpectedly. It was Dylan. "Y/N?" You looked up at him. "...Dylan!" Weakly you gave him a  smile. "C-can I sit down?" A little surprised you looked at him. "Oh, uh, yeah sure." You chuckled a little while he plopped into the seat in front of you. On his face appeared a smile. He seemed happy. "So how's it going? Why the huge smile?" Nervously you asked him. "I'm doing okay. Yeah. Nothing, just. It's good to see you again. What about you?" "Yeah, yeah. Still living with my friend but she doesn't mind." A long silence follows. "Y/N?" "Hm?" "My fans are stalking you, aren't they?" "No they are not. They are just worried about you. And, they, they just want us to be together again." Embarrassed you looked down at your coffee. "That is not gonna happen since you hate me now." "Wh-, I do what? Dylan, I don't hate you. Never will, never could. How could I hate you? The man who treated me like no one ever did, who loves me like no one ever did. Who I'm crazy about?" "You didn't use the past tense." Dylan let out moving forward with his head bending over the table a little. "I, um." "You know, we could, we could give them what they want. And we could give us what we want." You just give him a questioning look. "We both know that we still love each other. That we are still not over each other. And that we are perfect for each other." His smile grew wider as he took my hand in his. "Y/N you can't tell me I'm the only one of us that wants this. We-" "Dylan I'm dating someone." You blurted out pulling your hand away. His smile and happiness vanished in one second. "Oh. I-I'm sorry. I didn't know. I guess overreacted a little. I-is he nice?" "Yeah." Embarrassed you avoided his gaze. It hurt. Seeing him getting up and looking at you one last time before exiting the café. Seeing him heartbroken. A silent tear rolled down your cheek. You couldn't stop yourself. You put your stuff in your back before paying and sprinting out of the place. Quickly you just ran after him your eyes filled with tears. You saw him walking on the pavement with his head lowered. "Dylan!" You shouted a few feet away from him." Immediately he turned around looking at you shocked. "Y/N?" You ran up to him jumping  into his arms hugging him as tightly as you could with him doing the same. "I can't do that without you anymore Dyl. Don't go. Ever again." You mumbled into the crook of his neck sobbing a little. "I won't. I promise." "I love you." A whisper was the only thing you could bring out. When you part from each other he cupped your cheeks while you let out a short laugh. He wiped your tears away before pulling you into a kiss. "I'll never let you go again." From the other side of the street and also from almost right next to you two you could see some girls filming with their phones. Sighing you just chuckle. "Wait, what about the guy you are dati-" He whispered so it wouldn't be on the videos. "There is no other guy. I made that up Dylan." "You!" He just wrapped his arms around you once again holding you tight.

The next day everything you could see on your Twitter was that video. Every Dylan O'Brien fanaccount on Instagram and Twitter uploaded that video tagging you and him in the caption.
▪▪▪