Chapter One: The Stranger.

Before this begins, I would like to acknowledge the fact that I don't own any of the characters except for the ones I have created. The characters that overlap with Marvel's Thor, or Avengers and my story here, are not mine. (For example; Loki, Thor, etc.) This is a Loki fanfic (my first one I wrote) so I hope you like it :) Please leave comments if you like or don't like it, I'm open to criticism! enjoy reading.

-------------

"Loki," Thor called. "Brother, where art thou?"

Little did Thor know, Loki was right by him. He was quiet, for he feared to be seen. He was tired and lonely and was standing on a

balcony near by, watching the shiny realm of Asgard go about daily life below. He watched as a pair of young people played in the garden below. They were called by their mother and they willingly ran to her. Loki wished he had a family like that. He found out earlier that week that he was not part of Thor's family. Odin was not his real father.

"Loki," Thor said as he finally found him. "Training starts in a hour. Why are you not ready?"

"I was too busy thinking," Loki said while putting on a casual façade. This wasn't entirely a lie. Loki needed to think things through. He had no interest in training for today. Maybe he could talk father about skipping training for the rest of the week. "I don't think I'm up for training today, brother." Yes, Loki still addressed Thor as his brother. He thought it would be better if Thor didn't know about him being a Frost Giant.

"Come now, Loki. A bit of battling would free your mind of unwanted thoughts." Thor placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, and looked down at Asgard with him.

"I must speak with father," Loki stated while walking away from Thor. Thor glanced behind him wondering why his brother has been acting this way for a while. Loki no longer played tricks on people in the palace. He no longer cared about being caught lying. He no longer cared about much of anything anymore. After he explained to Odin his mistake of killing Laufey and nearly the whole race of Frost Giants, Odin showed him mercy and sent him to banishment for 10 years. He came back different. And he remained that way.

Loki crossed through the golden corridor and made his way to the throne room. The guards at the door gave him a weird look as he asked if he could enter. They looked at each other, but willingly opened the double doors. They expected him to be arrogant; barging his way through and saying some insult to them. But instead he asked and waited until he was invited in.

Loki walked through the threshold and heard voices coming from the throne. "I will not!"

"Well if my King would just see the good side in this development," started another voice.

"Enough!" Screamed who Loki figured was Odin himself. "I will not let him go!"

Loki figured right now would be a good time to make an appearance before he heard something that might get him in trouble. Wait. Did he really just think that? Anyways, Loki walked through the door and made his presence known. "You won't let who go where, father?" He asked innocently.

Loki looked over and saw a rather large man standing before Odin. "Who's this," Loki wondered out loud.

"He's no one," Odin snapped. "He was just leaving to," he said while looking at the large man.

"Of course, my King," The mysterious man said while walking away, making a slight bow. The man looked over at Loki for a split second, and Loki could have sworn that he saw a hint of red coloring to the man's eyes. He towered over Loki as he sauntered away with raggedy looking clothes.

"Loki, what is it?" Odin started as he sat back down in his throne.

Loki's mind was still reeling after what he had just overheard. Why was that man so large? Why did his eyes seem red? How come he had never seen or heard of him before? Odin was growing impatient, but before he could interrupt Loki's train of thought, Loki answered him by saying, "I've had those nightmares again."

"Oh son," Odin started while making his way down the steps of his high throne. He stood in front of Loki and put both of his worn hands on Loki's shoulders. "They will pass."

"How do you know?"

"Have I ever been wrong," Odin said with a smirk. My how Thor was like his father; arrogant and so sure of things.

"They've been getting worst," Loki stated solemnly.

"You'll live." Odin stepped away from his adopted son and looked over his face. There was something on his mind. He opened his mouth but only to stop the words from coming out. He just smiled, looking at Loki and said, "Go to training with Thor. Take your anger and stress out on him," Odin laughed. "Go now!"

With that Loki gave a small bow and walked through the doors again, this time looking for Thor. But what he found instead was more interesting. The man who had talked to his father was slowly walking away from the palace as if he were waiting up for someone. Loki reverted back to his old ways as curiosity and mischief took over his mind. He walked slowly over to the stranger. His black boots he wore barely made any clicks down the cobblestone steps he snuck down. Before he was able to scare the stranger by jumping up behind him, the large man turned and looked Loki right in the face. His eyes did have a red tint in them.

"Well hello there, my King," the man said while grinning and bowing slightly.

"I am no king," Loki said confused.

To that, the man just threw his head back and laughed. "You truly know nothing," he snickered.

"I know everything I want to know," Loki scoffed. Yet again, he was lying to himself. There were so many things he wanted to know, like the dreams he was having, or what the man meant by calling him a king.

"Stop lying," the man snapped. "I'll see you later, Loki."

"How do you now my name?" Loki called after the man who was now walking away.

"How do I know more than you?" Was all the man said after that.

Who was he? What was father not telling Loki? He must find out, before another nightmare comes and he's left defenseless.