Chapter Eight: The Truth

"Father..." Loki started. But Odin cut him off by holding up his hand.

"I am sorry, Loki. I'm sorry I have kept this from you. But I will explain everything," Odin spoke with sincerity in his voice. "When I took you from Jotunheim all those years ago, Laufey realized something," Odin started. "Laufey realized that with his only son gone, he no longer had an heir, and Jotunheim would fall into ruin." Loki and Byleistra looked on eagerly awaited, hanging onto each word Odin spoke. "Years later he had a daughter, he named her Byleistra. After Laufey died, his throne was left to the only heir he had, a young girl named Byleistra." Odin waited for their reactions.

Byleistra looked at Loki in disbelief. "There is no way you, Loki, can be my real brother. You are an Asgardian Prince. I am nothing more than a frost giant."

Loki looked at Byleistra. He ignored everyone around him as he took her hand and let the chill of her skin take over his body. He felt his Jotun form crawl to the surface. Before a moment's notice Loki's skin had turned blue with raised lines and his green eyes turned red. "This is my true form," Loki whispered as he took Byleistra's other hand.

"I still don't believe you," she whimpered. "It's hard to trust someone, when your whole life has apparently been a lie."

Loki took her hands in his and pressed them to her face. He let out a deep breath as he tried to focus his energy. His Jotun form retreated as the Asgardian one became more prominent. Loki focused even more as he himself, began to melt the ice that covered his supposed sister.

"What are you doing," she asked alarmed. She watched as the bottom of her dress started to melt, and in its tracks grew white silk. "Stop," she begged silently.

Loki ignored her. Instead he shut his green eyes and concentrated on making her an Asgardian form. He wasn't sure if it was possible but he continued to try. Byleistra's dress was pure white afterwards. The ice was gone and a beautiful white gown was left behind. The blue from her shoulders started to fade as pale skin began to show. The paleness crept up her arms and the raised lines became no more. The blue faded from her hands and from the base of her neck, the blue melted. Her head was next and once the blue from her cheeks was gone, it left a light pink blush from the cold and her angular features became more noticed. Lastly were her eyes. Loki opened his as he looked into her eyes that were now a deep, dark green.

Loki looked down at Byleistra and whispered, "Denying you as my sister would be like denying my reflection that stares back at me in the mirror."

Byleistra felt a tear slip down her cheek. Before Loki could take another breath, Byleistra had her arms around Loki's neck crying. "I finally have a family," she whispered into his neck. Loki couldn't help but hold her close and cry along with her. He didn't care about showing weakness, but now he finally had something to care about. He only had one real family member, and she was wrapped up in his arms. This made him cry even more. Even the indestructible Vakt was in tears.

During this tender moment however, when all the adopted family looked on, Helblindi slipped away.

-----

I am debating whether or not to make another story. If I do, I want your opinion on if it should be a Tom Hiddleston FanFiction. But I hope you continue reading this book! Please vote and comment!!!!! I want to know if I'm doing a good job!