Chapter Six: A Trip To Asgard

Sorry it took so long to post this. Make sure to comment and vote if you like it!!! I'm open to new ideas and suggesting, so put them in the comments if you have them! I hope you enjoy the next few chapters. :)

-----

Byleistra paced as she wondered whether or not to go. Her guards prayed that she would say yes, they were just itching for a fight with the Asgardians. Her second in command, Helblindi, was very excited about going to Asgard. He wanted to see the beautiful city before he destroyed it, like how that prick of a prince destroyed their world. Helblindi knew Byleistra would be proud, and as her as his queen, they could rule the two realms as one. He grinned at the idea.

"What are the down sides of going to Asgard?" Byleistra wondered out loud.

"It might be a trap," one guard said in a gruff voice.

"What better way to destroy a realm than to destroy its royal bloodline," another agreed.

"What are the good outcomes though?" Byleistra questioned. "Surely the pros outweigh the cons."

"We are one step closer to the cube," Helblindi said with his fist in the air. "Then we can take what's rightfully ours!"

"No," Byleistra said calmly. "I will not enter a land of peace and strike out with an act of war."

"Always diplomatic," Helblindi said lowering his hand and eyes. He shook his head. His red eyes shone with lust for war, but he tried so very hard to conceal it.

"Always," Byleistra said agreeing. "I'm not sure what Asgard will bring, but I'm sure it will be good," she said smiling. "Something is telling me that we must go there."

"For me," a guard spoke up, "my stomach is telling me to go there. I heard the Asgardian Palace is known for lavish feasts."

Byleistra smiled at the guard who has taken care of her after her head officer was killed. "You may come then when we depart. You as well, Helblindi," Byleistra said while looking at her dear friend.

"Of course, My Queen," Helblindi said while slightly bowing.

"There is no need for such formality, my friend," she said slightly laughing. "But make sure to address no one that way but me," she said suddenly serious. "You are my subjects. You bow to me and me only." Trying to lighten the mood as always she said specifically to her friend, "I don't need some Asgardian Princess changing your loyalty by taking your heart," Byleistra teased.

"There is no need for them to take something that isn't there. My heart resides with someone else already," Helblindi said flirtatiously.

"We go now!" Byleistra said suddenly wanting to change the subject. She looked over at her remaining officers. "If I come back to anarchy, the ones who started it won't be the only ones to become part of the landscape. I am trusting you to keep what ever peace we have." With that said Byleistra, Helblindi, and her commanding officer all went to the edge of their realm. "Heimdall, I bet you know our intentions. Open the bifrost so I may fulfill Odin's wish of having me in Asgard." Suddenly, a bright light shone down upon the three as they were sucked up in a flash of color. In no time at all the three frost giants had landed in Asgard.

"Welcome to Asgard," a deep voice greeted them.

When Byleistra's eyes adjusted she looked at the shiny dome she stood in. She looked at the entrance to see Asgard off in the distance. "Wow," she said while carelessly taking a few steps forward. "It's gorgeous here," she dreamily stated.

"Welcome to Asgard," Heimdall repeated.

Byleistra looked up to see the rather large Asgardian standing before her. "I am Byleistra Laufeyson, Queen of Jotunheim. I have brought two companions; my friend Helblindi and my commanding officer. I wish to speak with Odin."

"Your wish will be granted as soon as I summon him," Heimdall said while letting the tip of his sword hit the ground three times. The metal clang that was created from that action, traveled through Asgard until it found a nearby guard. The guard then went to Odin, which told him that Heimdall needed him. "He will be here in a moment."

And true to his word, after three seconds, Odin appeared at the entrance of the dome with ten guards at his flank. The guards tensed as they saw three frost giants in the dome. "Calm down," Odin chuckled as if he sensed the guards' confusion. "Byleistra," Odin said with outstretched arms. Although he knew that he'd get frost bite from touching her, he made an effort to make her feel as if she was embraced with the warmth of Asgard. He bowed slightly and spoke. "I am very happy that you excepted my invitation."

"I'm happy we just didn't show up to swords pointed our direction," Byleistra said nervously.

"Of course not," Odin said. "Come now, me must discuss business at the palace." Odin started to walk away as if the three Jotuns would follow. He was right. The bottom of Byleistra's dress grazed the top of the metal floor and left a swirl of frost in her wake. She looked back trying hard not to let it get worst. She didn't want this beautiful realm to be hideously frozen like her own. As if sensing her discomfort, Odin said, "Don't worry about the tiny amounts of ice you produce here, it will defrost in this realm." He should know since he's been defrosting Loki's ice for many years.

"Come on," Byleistra said to Helblindi and her officer. Odin's guards gave them weird looks as they crossed the threshold of the dome onto the rainbow bridge. "How do we get there quick enough with out being seen?" Byleistra called up to Odin.

We'll teleport of course," he said while turning toward them. "Hold each others' hands," Odin commanded nicely. The three complied. "Now picture a golden throne room with my son Thor sitting on the thrown." They did just that. "Now on the count of three, I'll touch your skin then we well appear in the palace." He said this like it was easy. Helblindi squeezed Byleistra's hand for reassurance. She squeezed his hand back just as hard. "One," Odin said approaching them. "Two," he said while letting his hand hover over Byleistra's exposed blue arm. "Three." And just like that they ended up in the throne room.

Odin turned away to check his hand. It wasn't bad but still, Byleistra showed concern. "I'm so sorry, Odin," she blubbered. I know I'm a monster. You shouldn't have let me come here."

"Nonsense, child," Odin said calmly. "Now follow me."

"Byleistra," Helblindi said nudging her shoulder.

Byleistra looked up and saw where they were. It was beautiful. The golden room they were in was awe inspiring. They stood there open mouthed until Odin cleared his throat and brought them back to the present. He was proud that his palace gave them such a jaw-dropping experience. "Come," he softly commanded. "You must meet me family."

They followed Odin into the throne room and met eyes with several individuals in the room. The calm, caramel colored eyes of a women welcomed them. An electric, blue pair of eyes watched them like a hawk watches prey. But Byleistra nearly stopped in her tracks when her eyes met with a pair of bright, green eyes full of so many mixed emotions. It took all her strength not to run up to this stranger and wrapped her arms around his neck. Yet she was saddened at the thought that her skin would burn his. And she didn't want to see those gorgeous green eyes fill with pain.