Chapter Fifteen: A Choice

Ahh! I'm so sorry for not updating sooner! I feel so terrible for not updating for months! but I hope that this chapter will make up for it. Although it may be crappy, please acknowledge that this was my first story I have written, and truthfully I'm proud considering how much support I got for it. I hope you continue to read and look out for more stories written by me since there are a lot coming :)

This is the last chapter before the epilogue, which is going to be the part where I drop a bombshell on ya guys. (Sorry not sorry ;)) I hope you enjoy this chapter :) I love you all!

-----

Byleistra was scared. Not only would she have to make a deal with Helblindi, but Loki's life balanced within her choice. She didn't want Loki to die for the mistakes she had made. But she didn't want to give Helblindi the satisfaction of seeing her weak. Byleistra clenched her jaw and said through gritted teeth, "What is your deal, Helblindi?"

Helblindi grinned as he sauntered a mere yard away from Bylietsra and leaned in. He whispered in her ear, "I will release my grip on this realm, draw back our forces, and accept my consequences if Loki dies. Or, you become my Queen, Loki lives, and we destroy Asgard together," he cooed. Helblindi was sharply pushed away by Byleistra. "What?" Helblindi wondered innocently. "Do you not like the circumstances?"

Bylietsra scoffed, "You are making me choose between the lives of the many, and the life of my brother? I truly do not know how you came to be this devious." Helblindi just grinned devilishly at her words. As if out of a nightmare, Helblindi's smile reached new levels of creepiness as he crept toward her. "Stop this," Byleistra whispered up to the towering form of a man she used to love.

"Umm," Helblindi looked down at Byleistra and fake-thought out something, "no," he simply stated while shoving Byleistra back harshly. Before she could think about what he did, Helblindi smacked her across the face and grasped her shoulders violently, allowing his full strength to be used. "You will pick the right choice," he whispered darkly, leaning close to her face which was looking away from him.

Byleistra whimpered in a response. What would her choice be? Being the Queen of her own kingdom, however broken and disfuctional it may be, should pick the first choice; ensuring no more further bloodshed and ensuring an okay life for her people. But being the vulnerable, weak, and young child she is, choosing the only family she had left seemed like a good idea also. Byleistra looked at Helblindi with cold eyes and a blank expression. "I've made my choice," she said through gritted teeth. 

Helblindi smiled. With either of her choices, he was to win. The throne will be his, both realms will be his, and her life will be his. "What is your choice?" He cooed while gently stroking the back of his hand against her frozen cheek.  

Byleistra pushed his hand away and said with all the confidence of a true Queen, "I wish to speak with Odin before I make any rash decissions. I will choose something that will determined the fate of both realms; I think an audience with the King of this realm seems like a good deal since I will be seeing him for the last time."

Helblindi's mouth curved up in a smile as she gave a hint as to what her choice was. "Of course, my Queen," he whispered as he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the palace once more, where she will decide the fate of everyone. 

With her heart nearly pounding out of her chest, Byleistra excepted the fact that she will never see this realm again. She would not cry though, she will leave this place as a confident queen even though she will be leaving them with their own sorrows to deal with. She didn't want to make this decission, and with each footstep she made getting closer to the realms' fates she couldn't help but allow herself to feel sick. Her stomach flopped about with nerves and disgust as Helblindi tightened his intertwined fingers on her hand. He grinned as they made it to the palace. 

"Drop your weapons Jotuns," Helblindi commanded as he stepped forth, releasing Odin for a moment so he could take a break from fighting them off. The King looked and Byleistra with weary eyes. A glimmer of anger appeared in his hopeful eyes, but his concentration on the young Queen was interrupted by Helblindi and his words that came out in a hissing-like tone. "Our Queen has something to say to you."

Byleistra stepped forward, fully aware of her choice, knowing that this was her time. She looked to the door which marked the threshold she'd have to cross to get to Loki. She let a silent tear fall from her eye. "I remember when you came to me in Jotenheim, King Odin. You promised me my realm's power in exchange for a happy son. I'm sorry to say, but neither of us are going  to get what we want after I make my decission." She chocked out the words in a rush, and allowed more tears to slide down her cheeks upon looking at Odin who fully realized her words. "I've made a lot of questionable choices in my young life, but I'm positive that this one will set everything right." She sobbed into her hands suddenly, but Odin's calm and deep voice still carried to her ears.

"I admire your bravery," He said while giving a bow to the young and frazzled Queen of Jotenheim. "I knew there was a way to destroy it," he said, refrencing the one thing both had in pocession yet had no hope in controlling. Helblindi grinned devilishy, thinking of Byleistra's choice rather than thinking of the words that slipped through the King's mouth with such confindence and conviction. 

Byleistra fashioned a dagger out ice, almost as cold as her heart and soul, and appoarched the room where Loki lay.