Prologue

"Hey there." A deep man voice says. I look next to me to see a young man. He has black hair, the most amazing jawline and the bluest eyes ever. "Come on, I know you want to." I laugh and pay the guy behind the bar. "Nah, I think I'll pass." He looks confused. "You're coming with me." He looks me straight in the eye and I begin to laugh. "Dude, I don't know what you're trying, but it doesn't help." I push him aside and walk out of The Mystic Grill.

I kinda like this city. My parents and I recentely moved here because my dad got a job transfer or something. Tonight there is this masqerade, where they want me to go to, so he can introduce me to his new business partners or whatever.

"Hey! I'm Caroline! You're Rosalie, right? The new girl?" Suddenly a blond girl is standing in front of me. "Uhm yeah, how do you know?" she laughs. "My mom's the sherrrif, believe me honey, I know. So, where do you live? When are you starting school? Have you made any friends yet?" She seems very nice. "Uh near the woods, monday and nope, just arrived yesterday." She smiles. "Well you made one now! Need a ride home?" "Yeah sure, thanks!" We get into her prius while I give her the directions to my house. It's a ten minute drive from the city center, on the edge of the woods, which means that half our garden is trees, trees and more, you guessed it, trees.

We get out in front of the house, on the huge driveway. "Wauw! Your house is amazing! Isn't this the old Lockwood property?" "No idea, my dad probably knows it, I'll ask him. Thanks for the ride though, wanna come in?" She nod enthousiasticaly. "Ofcourse!" I use the key to open the door, who doesn't, and throw my bag on the floor.

"Sooo, are you coming to the masqerade tonight?" I nod. "Do you have a date allready?" I shake my head. "Perfect! I have the perfect guy for you. I'll make sure he texts you! She says while typing something on her phone. "Want something to drink?" I ask while pouring myself a glass of bourbon. "That looks good." I poor her a glas as well. "You don't see that much girls who like a strng drink." She says. "Well, I've got my reasons." She smiles. "Oh girl, I feel you." we both laugh. "You're very nice." I say. "So are you! Happily, I really hoped you would be nice, because I really need someone to cheer everything up a little." I smile. Oh boy, she doesn't suspect a thing.