Part 1

Today I take the test.

Today will change my life.

Last year my older brother Zeke done this and next year my little brother Uriah will too. I need to set a good example for Uriah, Just as Zeke did for me.

Currently i'm sitting besides my best friends Ailie, Rea, Jacob and Michael. We were currently playing Candor or Dauntless, trying to get our minds of the terrifying future in front of us.

"Ari, Candor or Dauntless." Rea asks.

"Dauntless"

"I dauntless dare you to stand up on the table and scream stiff's at the Abnegation Table."

"Well here goes nothing." a few giggles escape my friends mouths.

I stand up gaining a few peoples attention, then I point at the table and scream "STIFFS"

A few people laugh but a few dont even look, expecting this behavior from Dauntless.

"Next ehmmm... Ailie, Candor or Dauntless."

"Candor."

"What are you scared of getting in your test the most today."

"Amity Because I don't want to be a pansycake." We all cant contain our laughter anymore.

"Ari Pedrad." A loud voice speaks over the speakers

I get up from the seat and head over to where the other 16 year olds are that are waiting to take their test. We all walk up a hallway that takes us to a room that we are taking the test in. I walk in to see an abnegation woman taking my test.

"Please take a seat. My name is amanda and I will be administrating your test today. You will go through a series of simulations and your reaction will identify your faction. Have you got any questions"

"Im not Erudite so im not curious."

"Here you go. Drink up."

she hands me a small vial containing a blue liquid. I drink it all, letting the tasteless substance run down my throat. I shut my eyes and when i open them again, Amanda is gone. In front of me is 2 podiums, one contains a chunk of meat, the other a knife. Without thinking twice, I lift up the knife. I hear growling and turn around to meet a rabid dog. Anything as rabid as this needs to be put down so I position my body, aim and throw, striking the dog straight in the heart. DEAD.  I wake up again back in the room.

"congratulations. your result is dauntless."

"Thanks." I get up off my seat and run through the cafeteria and out the door. A train is approaching so i speed up and throw myself on. I look around and see no one else is in this carriage so i just look out the door until I feel the train slowing down. Reminding me that I have to get off now. I jump, letting my feet hit of the rough concrete ground. I start running in to the pit hoping to see one of my brothers.

When I arrive in the pit I see Uriah with Lynn and Marlene.

"Hey amazing people and my brother."

The girls start to giggle as Uriah turns around and gives me an 'r u serious' face.

"Gee thanks favourite sister. So what was your result."

"Hey I'm your only sister, and I'm not telling you what I got."

"But I'm your favourite brother."

"Talking about favourite brother, where is zeke anyway."

"He still at work but why is he your favourite."