Part 11

I'm stuck in a room with a bunch of idiots.

Currently the transfers are sitting with us as we wait for our names to be called. This is the second time that we will be going through our fear simulations. I don't know what they are going to do because of my fear.

No what. I'm not going to think of this, instead I'm going to take a nap. I slouch back in my chair and shut my eyes.

I'm woken up by the sound of laughing and the feeling of restraints on my arms, wrists, legs, ankles and torso. My eyes flutter open to see four and Eric standing there.

"Wake up sleeping beauty. Time to face your fears." Eric tells me with a wicked grin on his face.

"Shut up and let me sleep." I grump. I try to turn over but then realise. This is how they're going to give me the shot. "Ugh. How could I have been so stupid to fall into this trap."

"Your fault not ours." Four mumbles.

I try to pull against the restraints but Eric holds my face in place. Four turns around with the needle in hand. Slowly he advances forward.

"Nu uh. Nope. You ain't putting that thing anywhere near me. Four get away. Nope. Not dealing with this. Four get it away. GET IT AWAY FROM ME NOW." Eric obviously has enough of me as he clamps his hand on my mouth. I see four about to put the needle in my vein so I bite on Eric's hand and he reels back in pain as four jabs the needle into my neck. I go weak as I feel the coolness inside my vein.

"Be brave." I hear before I fall in to a deep slumber.

My eyes flutter open and I'm standing at the chasm. The dauntless faction stand before me. I look to my left and see zeke next to me and Uriah on my right. I whip my head around confused.

"What's going on." I ask.

"You're such a disappointment." Zeke spits at me.

"You have brought shame to this family." Uriah shouts.

Suddenly the dauntless people start chanting the same word over and over again.

Disappointment

I take a deep breath and let all my feelings out, even if I'm scared. "I am not a disappointment. I am a proud member of the dauntless faction. I am a police to the city and I am brave. It is brave to stand up for yourself and others. So here I am saying it. I AM NOT A DISAPPOINTMENT. "

When I finish my speech I'm back stuck to the chair. My breathing is rushed and I have sweat dripping down me. My eyes frantically scan the room until they land on Eric and four. Four has a proud look on his face and Eric has a smug smile. Four starts tapping on the machine whilst Eric releases me from the death grip of a chair. I slowly slide down the seat like it's a slide receiving an eye roll from Eric and a chuckle from four.

"You done better this time. You completed it in 5 minutes. Half of your original time. The biggest improvement so far." Four tells me.

I don't trust my words so I just nod my head. I try to stand up but my knees go week and I go crashing to the floor. I hear a cackle from Eric and earn an eye roll from four.

"If you roll your eyes any more time they're gonna roll out of your skull, four." I state. I get back in my feet and walk out of the room. I make my way down to the pit but I can't seem to find anyone. I go back to the dorm and see everyone asleep beside Rea and Rita. They are fussing over bags, clothes and make up but go quiet when I walk in.

"This is a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway. How are you." Rita states.

"Been better ya know." I reply with a hint of sarcasm and a smirk on my face. That cause grins to plaster on their faces as they roll their eyes. "So I'm gonna get changed then go to train. You can join me if you like."

"Sorry I'm getting another tattoo." Rea tells me whilst I hear a "same" from Rita. They both walk out of the dorm very close whispering and letting out sharp breaths.

What's up with them.

I grab a sports bra, zip hoodie, running shorts and my training shoes. I take a quick shower since I know the boys are asleep then proceed to get changed into my outfit.

I lightly jog through the pit seeing as it is more lively now. I pass the roaring chasm as the water spits on me. I see my brothers both talking to their friend groups. Uriah seems to be joking around with Marlene whist Zeke is drinking with four. I clamber down the steps with my hand on the smooth, chipped stone walls. I open the door to the training room to see a handful of older dauntless having fun and laughing whilst kicking the living daylights out of a bag.

I set the timer on my watch to 30 minutes. When it goes off I'll go back to the dorm and relax before getting something to eat.

I wrap up my hand and start punching the bag. A few older dauntless come to watch me.

"You got one fierce kick." A girl in her early 30's states.

"And a punch" her friend says.

"Thanks." I smile.

My alarm goes off so I stop punching and turn it off. I wipe off my sweat with a black towel and look over at the pair of older dauntless. I share a quick nod before jogging off.

I enter the bustling pit which is over flowing with members of dauntless. There's daredevils climbing the rocks, girls gossiping in shops, families eating in the cafeteria hall, rowdy guys fighting in the middle, people laughing whilst getting tattoos and piercings and then of course people drinking and eating cake. Mmmmmm cake. I could dream about it all day.

I make my way up the railing-less stairs and round up to the quiet chasm. There's nobody there but I suddenly hear whispering. I focus hard allowing me ears to adjust to the quietness of the conversation. I automatically know who the voices belong to. Rita and Rea.

"We can't let them find out." Rea whispers.

"No one can know that we're divergent."

I let out an uncontrolled gasp.