1. Back To Hogwarts

Chapter One: Back To Hogwarts

Today was the day Lily Luna starts her fifth year at Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and she was very excited for she had been chosen to be a prefect along with her cousin Hugo.

It came as a shock for her to be appointed with that big of a responsibility because Lily never really saw herself as a leader. The biggest role she had ever played was to be Gryffindor's Quidditch Chaser.

Though she had the capability of a seeker which she probably inherited from her dad, she didn't like the idea of catching the most important ball of the game. She didn't want to be a keeper either for she didn't want to be responsible of letting the opponent's quaffle slip past her, nor getting hit by a bludger-- thus eliminating her chances of being a beater. Her role as a chaser was perfect for her and it reflected so much on her personality.

Lily was still sleeping, her thin body curled up in the white blanket, and her long fiery red hair buried in the pillows. Her room wasn't that big, neither was it small. She had a cute study table stacked with books and a cage for her owl 'Francis'.

There was a loud crack when Kreacher, the little old house-elf appeared beside Lily. His gigantic grey eyes staring right at her.

"Young red! Master Potter wants you to wake up!" The little house-elf croaked loudly as he started poking her arm.

Lily groaned,
"Five more minutes, Kreach."

Kreacher shook his head vigorously, now making rattling sounds on the study table.

"No, no, young red! Master tolds me to wake you up now!"

"Mmmmfff later..." Lily grunted, shifting her body to face the beige wall.

The little house-elf sighed and gave up. He then started walking towards the door when Lily peeked behind her to see the little house-elf near the door. She silently took a quill on her desk nearby and got out of bed to take few quick steps towards the elf, tickling his ear with the tip of the quill. Kreacher suddenly jumped, an ugly sound came out of his lips which somewhat sounded like laughter.

Downstairs, Lily saw her two older brothers; James Sirius and Albus Severus, eating their blueberry pancakes at the dining area.
The big circular wooden table were stacked with food prepared by Kreacher. The dining area and the kitchen weren't too far apart. The only thing separating them were the walls near the door to the backyard between the grandfather clock and the living room.

Their mum, Ginny, was attempting to make toast while their dad, Harry, was reading the front page of the Daily Prophet whilst drinking a cup of tea in the living room.

"Good morning."
Lily stifled a yawn before kissing her mum on the cheek.

"Are you excited to be a prefect?" James asked, his mouth still full.

"I guess, yeah? What was it like?" Lily asked as she sat on a chair and started with a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Albus seemed to have enjoyed it." James teased.

Albus glared at him for a second before he started talking,
"It was fine, Lils. I reckon James didn't enjoy it that much, though."

"Maybe your Professor McGonagall thought that if James became prefect, he would stop playing pranks on the little kids!" added Harry with a laugh.

"Boy, was she wrong about that!" James side-commented.

Ginny finally gave up on making toast having burnt five already. She wasn't really a cooking type of woman, but no one had the courage to tell her, not even 'The Boy Who Lived'.

"Alright darlings, go get your things, we'll be leaving in 10 minutes" Ginny announced.

"Blimey, mum! 10 minutes?!" Albus complained

"I told you to ready your things, haven't I?" Ginny looked at his son, her eyebrows raised with a hand on her hip.

"Fine, I'll go get my trunk" Albus muttered as he got up and scuffled out of the room, defeatedly.

Meanwhile, James and Harry were having a conversation about how they will be going to King's Cross Station...

"Hey dad, can I use your old bike in going to King's Cross?" James asked, hopeful.

"That old thing Sirius gave me?"

James nodded excitedly

"Well, I suppose you could give it a go. Teddy will be here soon, he tried flying that thing two weeks ago. He could go with you."

"Really?! That's bloody awesome! Thanks, dad!" James beamed

After a few minutes, a tall bloke with turquoise hair appeared at their fireplace.

"Teddy!" Lily smiled as she took her plate to the sink, thus finishing her meal.

"Hey, Lilykins! Are you ready for school?" Teddy walked toward her and ruffled her hair playfully.

Before Lily could respond, James interrupted, a helmet already on his head.

"Dad said I could borrow his motorbike if you come with. Please Tedders?"

Teddy chuckled, eyeing the helmet,
"I'm afraid you haven't given me any choice, but as long as you keep us both alive, sure." He shrugged.

"Brilliant!" James grinned and hurriedly went to get his trunk.

At King's Cross Station, Lily saw Hugo along with his sister Rose- the perfect daughter and the straight A student. She was already in seventh year along with James and was chosen to be the head-girl of the Gryffindor house. With her serious persona, it was hard to joke around her, but Rose was still a sweetheart nonetheless.

Hugo on the other hand was goofy and funny, but a bit shy. Lily thought that he was so much like his dad, Ron Weasley. Lily and Hugo were inseparable ever since they were kids, probably because Hugo was the only cousin that had the same age as her.

Harry and Ginny went straight to their friends, Hermione and Ron, while Lily and Hugo went ahead through Platform Nine and Three Quarters, carrying their trunks and Lily's grey owl. They saw the Hogwarts Express filled with so much students already, so they decided to bid farewell to their families and enter the huge train.

Ginny and Harry were still talking to James about behaving and staying out of trouble since it was his last year at Hogwarts.

As they were looking for an empty compartment, Rose approached them, her shiny head-girl badge pinned on her chest.

"Don't forget to go straight to the prefect carriage. They are expecting you guys there."

Hugo and Lily nodded and did exactly as they were told.

Inside the carriage were all the other prefects in different houses. They saw Alice Longbottom, Professor Neville Longbottom's daughter, at the corner. They joined her for she was Lily and Hugo's closest friend outside the family.

Rose stood up with a pleasant smile on her face.
"Alright everyone, settle down."

A few people were still entering the carriage including James and Fred.

"I would like to congratulate you all for being chosen as prefects for this school year. We expect you all to do your duties well and to complete the tasks given to you by the head boys and girls..."

Rose continued on her cliché speech which James found boring. He then started pulling a sleeping charm on one of the prefects nearest to him and the prefect instantly fell asleep. Lily found that quite amusing and couldn't help but giggle.
It was probably pretty loud because everyone was now staring at her.

"Is something the matter, Lily?" Rose asked, her brow arched.

"Oh! Err-- I was just... I was just-"

Before she could think of an excuse, the door suddenly barged open that made everyone jump to their seats.

A familiar tall bloke with ocean blue eyes, pale skin, and platinum blonde hair appeared.

"Sorry, I'm late."