4. Astronomy Tower

Lily was walking alone on the way to the Great Hall for supper. Her mind was still confused about what had just happened a while ago with Scorpius. As she entered the Great Hall, she walked swiftly to her seat between Hugo and Alice.

"What's up with you?" Alice asked, curiously.

"What about me?" Lily shrugged before shoving a piece of chicken and mashed potatoes on her plate.

"You seem odd. Anything the matter?" Alice tilted her head before taking a spoonful of her food.

Lily glanced at the Slytherin table and saw Scorpius eating with his friends.

"I'll tell you later."

"Password?" Asked the Fat Lady on the portrait of the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Mimbulus mimbletonia" Lily answered and the portrait swung open to let them in.

At the girls' dormitory, Lily took the opportunity to tell Alice what had happened under the tree near the black lake.

"Wow, Lils. Are you sure Scorpius asked you out tonight?"

"Well, technically, he thought I asked him, but I -clearly- did not." Lily crossed her arms, exasperated.

"Then what are you still doing here? Go and meet him, you numpty!" Alice pushed her out of her four-poster-bed.

"I have Astronomy tonight. And even if I didn't have a class tonight, I still wouldn't go!" She huffed and looked away.

"Now if you excuse me, I have a class to attend. See you later when I get back." Lily waved to her friend and closed the door of their dormitory. She went out of the Gryffindor common room and walked to her next class at the Astronomy Tower.

Lily was about to climb up when someone tapped the back of her shoulder. She quickly looked back to see who it was.

"Oh! You nearly gave me a fright for a second there. Hi, Zander." Lily scratched the back of her head as she greeted him.

"Sorry. Were you expecting someone else?" Lysander asked, skeptically.

"Er-- no. Not really." Lily lied and gave him a small smile.

"So, I'm assuming that you have an astronomy class tonight with the Ravenclaws... Why?"

"I didn't take divinations this year." Lily merely shrugged.

"That was smart." He grinned before continuing.

"Let's go up. We don't want to be late... Shall we?" He had this smile that not even his twin could copy. It was the only thing different about them. If Lily were to describe that smile, the best word she could come up with was 'dreamy'. Maybe it was because of his eyes that were almost silver. He had this look that made him seem like he was from another world. Lily wasn't sure if she was the only one who saw it, but she liked how much the twins resembled her godmother, Luna.

Lysander offered his hand and Lily took it. Together, they climbed up the Astronomy tower.

The professor waited for the students to settle down before she started speaking.

"Good evening, class. I am professor Beeble and I will be teaching Astronomy 102. Today, we will be learning all about constellations..."

The professor babbled on about the history of the stars and how they were formed. Lily glanced at Zander who was beside her. He was greatly thrilled about the stars. Lily could tell because of the amount of scribbles and keywords he had on his notebook. Lily, on the other hand, drew each of the dots that formed the constellation and connected them all together.

"Now, who could name this constellation up there?" Professor Beebles pointed to the dots that Lily was far too familiar with. She didn't say a word, but she had a thin smile on the corner of her lips.

Lily saw Lysander raise his hand shyly.

"Okay, boy. Speak up."

"It's the Scorpius constellation, ma'am." He cleared his throat and sat straight.

"It's a constellation resembling a scorpion which contains the red giant, Antares."

"Very well said, mister... Err-- What's your name?" The professor leaned forward to see a better view of the bloke.

"Scamander, ma'am. Lysander Scamander." He said quietly, his dirty blonde hair was blown away from his face by the wind. His face was visible now. He had the features of his father, Rolf Scamander, but he got the eyes and the hair from his mum, Luna Scamander née Lovegood.

The professor looked very impressed, she was probably familiar of the Scamander family tree. Almost everyone knew that Lysander and Lorcan were related to the great 'Newt Scamander'.

The class was dismissed before midnight, but Lily stayed a little bit longer. She hugged her knees together as she looked up at the sky. Zander moved a little closer to Lily and followed what she was doing. They waited for everyone to be out of the classroom before they started talking.

"I think I'm going to like this class a lot." Zander nodded, his eyes fixated to the stars above.

"I can tell." Lily answered back when she saw him looking up.

Lily and Zander then looked at each other, a genuine smile on their faces.

After a few minutes of silence, they heard footsteps that was getting louder by each step.

"We better go, I think someone's coming." Zander glanced at the door as he was about to stand up.

"Hello. Did I interrupt something?" Scorpius asked, his arms crossed as he glared at Lysander.

"No! Zander and I were just about to leave. Weren't we?" Lily looked at Lysander awkwardly as she stood up.

"I... Yeah. See you tomorrow, Lils." Zander smiled and looked at Scorpius, his eyes full of judgment before he went down.

Scorpius had a smirk on his face, crossing his arms. Lily looked at him, her hand on her hip.

"What are you doing here?"

"That guy, Lysander... Does he?" He pointed at the door, his voice- a mix of malice and mockery.

"Not everybody likes everybody else, Malfoy." Lily said firmly as she walked to the edge of the tower. She leaned on the railings and sighed.

"Why are you here, anyway?" Lily looked back at him.

"I don't know, Lily. I just didn't want to ditch you on our first date." He grinned cheekily as he went beside her.

"I didn't ask you on a date, Malfoy." She pushed him lightly and rolled her eyes.

"We're both here already, quit whining. Just go along with it." He chuckled and took out a basket with a rolled up picnic blanket on top of it.

"Why are you doing this? If this is some kind of joke, then you're messing with the wrong girl, Scorpius." She scowled, facing him.

"Oh, I know who I'm dealing with. Trust me." He scoffed as he walked towards Lily again.

"How did you know I was here?"

"You told me you're having Astronomy twice this year. Professor Beeble only teaches every Wednesdays and Fridays."

"You thought about this really well."

"Don't flatter yourself, Potter. It's common sense." With a flick of his wand, the food inside the picnic basket flew out and the blanket spread itself on the floor. There were now a bowl of strawberries and a jar of melted chocolate on the blanket.

Lily looked at Scorpius who was smiling. Obviously delighted of himself.

"Do you like it?" He pulled Lily down with him on the picnic blanket.

"This is ridiculous, Malfoy."

"I know."

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

"You've gone mental."

"I know."