13. Boat Ride

Lily's last class ended early in the afternoon of Friday, so she decided to get her Defense Against The Dark Arts book in her dormitory to review some spells for Scorpius to memorize.

"What's that for, Lils?" Alice asked when she saw Lily, carrying three stacks of books.

"Scorpius needs to train for the first task. I want to help." Lily replied.

"I saw him near the Black Lake before I went back to our dormitory." Alice said.

"Really? I should probably go, then. See you for supper." Lily waved goodbye before she walked out the door.

"Have fun." Alice smiled and waved back.

When Lily reached their tree, she looked around to see where Scorpius was, but he wasn't there. Lily decided to wait for him as she sat on the grass under the tree.

"Lily!" Scorpius shouted from afar.

Lily looked behind her to see where it was coming from, but she couldn't see him anywhere.

"What the?" Lily mumbled to herself as she took her books and stood up. "Where is he?" She asked herself.

"Over here!" Scorpius waved as Lily saw a boat in the Black Lake coming nearer.

"What the bloody hell are you doing on that boat, Malfoy?" Lily put her free hand on her hip.

Scorpius chuckled. "Hop on. We're going on a boat ride." He said. Lily squinted her eyes, clearly not expecting this to be their first day of training.

"... Okay." Lily went inside the boat carefully so that her books wouldn't fall or get wet.

Scorpius slowly rowed, each time, showing his muscles involuntarily which Lily found extremely attractive.

"You look beautiful." Scorpius said as she stared at Lily admiringly.

"Only noticed now?" Lily joked as she flipped the pages of her books.

"No. I notice it every time you talk. The way your lips move when you speak, showing that little curved line beside your lips and when you tuck your hair behind your ear when it gets in the way of your face. I notice it when you smile and even when you frown, Lily." Scorpius said with a genuine smile on his face. "I notice how beautiful you are when you look at me with your beautiful blue eyes. I don't know if it's just me, but your eyes shine brighter than the stars at night. And you know what? I notice how beautiful you are even when you look away and blush. Heck, you're doing it now and it's fucking beautiful."

Lily really was looking away when he said that, which made her laugh slightly. "Okay, point taken." Lily said in a hushed voice as she felt her cheeks burn.

"I don't think you do, Lils. Every move you make is so attractive and it makes me bonkers, because I can't stop loving you."

"Stop, I get it already." She held her cheeks, making sure it wasn't on fire because it felt like it.

Scorpius chuckled as he pulled his shirt up to wipe his sweat from all the rowing, making his abs show as he wiped his temples.

Such a fucking tease, this boy. Lily thought to herself, menacingly.

"Okay, teach me now." Scorpius finally said when they reached the middle part of the lake.

"I'm going to give you a situation and you'll give me the most appropriate spell to use. Got it?" Lily said as she skimmed her spell book.

"Got it." Scorpius nodded once as he leaned on the boat.

"Okay. Er-- My opponent pushed me and I hit the ground, making my bone break." Lily looked at him as she waited for his answer.

"I'm gonna rip out the flesh of that person who pushed you. No one messes with my girl." He frowned while Lily laughed.

"Scorpius, I'm serious! Which spell do I use to mend my broken bone?" She said as she was laughing.

He smirked. "Episkey."

Lily nodded as she flipped another page of the book. "Okay, my opponent is about to throw a jinx at me, what spell do I use?"

"Protego. This is easy! Make it harder." Scorpius sighed, impatiently.

Lily arched her brow before opening her other book. She scanned through the pages and stopped to one page. An intimidating smile appeared on her face.

"Okay, then. There's a magical fire surrounding me and if I go through it, I'm gonna burn to death. What do I do?"

"Aguamenti?" Scorpius said, unsure of himself.

Lily shook her head. "No, that's too weak. Give me another one."

"Aqua Erecto?" He grimaced.

"No. You only use those two with minor fires. In a surrounding spell, you have to use Partis Temporus."

Scorpius shrugged. "Partis Temporus... What does that do?"

"It makes a temporary gap in the surrounding spell, just enough for you to get through it."

"Oh. Okay, cool. What's next?" Scorpius nodded.

"I got trapped in Devil's Snare, what do I do?"

"You just relax and it will let go of you." Scorpius said effortlessly.

"What if that doesn't work?"

"Lumos Solem."

"Good." Lily grinned.

A couple of hours went by with Lily and Scorpius on the boat just laughing and reviewing important spells.

"Can we take a break? My brain hurts." Scorpius whined.

"Yeah, get me off this boat, I'm getting dizzy." Lily giggled.

"I thought it was supposed to be romantic." Scorpius said as he started to row back the shore.

"It is. I appreciated it." Lily smiled genuinely.

"Good. I didn't know rowing could be this tiring, this needs appreciation." Scorpius said jokingly while Lily rolled her eyes.

They softly bumped unto the shore as Scorpius helped Lily out the boat and into his arms.

"I don't know what I would do without you, Lily. You're everything to me now." He mumbled as he buried his face in her hair.

Lily hugged him back, a small smile forming at the corners of her lips.

"I should be the one saying that. You need to be careful in the games, Scorp. Take care of yourself for me. I don't know what I'd do if something happens to you."

"You'd go mental?" Scorpius asked with a cheeky grin.

"I'm already mental." Lily answered as she tiptoed to reach his lips and kissed him slowly and protectively.