22. Waiting Game

Grandma Weasley prepared breakfast for the Weasley cousins the next morning. When Lily got to her seat at the dining area, she saw stacks of blueberry pancakes and bacon on the table. It was her favourite breakfast meal and Grandma Weasley always made it a point to prepare their favourites every time they visited. One by one, the cousins gathered around the table and ate their meals.

Lily kept silent the whole morning, mainly because she was still too sleepy, but also because she was too deep in thought to speak. What was she supposed to do now? She wanted so badly to go to the Malfoy Manor and talk to Scorpius, but what if his parents were there? Lily knew that his parents didn't know about their relationship. (And they might never even have a relationship if Lily doesn't do something about it), but a fight wasn't exactly what Lily had in mind when finally meeting the famous Draco and Astoria Malfoy.

Her mind wouldn't let her sleep again; knowing that each passing second she wasted was a second closer to Scorpius giving up on her. She couldn't bear thinking about it, so to keep her mind busy from all the worrying, she went to the living room to paint a portrait of a vixen - her patronus.

It didn't work, though. After an hour or two, Lily went back to worrying about Scorpius. Would his father lock Lily down in their cell if he found out that she was there? Would his mum not let her see Scorpius anymore if she knew that she was the daughter of Harry Potter? So many questions ran through her head as she approached the door of the burrow. She was going to see him regardless of those worries.

She knew that it was time for her to make the effort this time.

"I'm going out." She announced as she took her coat. The Weasley cousins were all too busy doing their own businesses to answer Lily, so she took the opportunity to leave.

She pulled her wand out from her pocket and raised it up. Within a minute, the Knight Bus arrived right in front of her, honking loudly.

"Welcome to the knight bus. . ." The weird looking conductor said lazily as he rubbed his bloated belly.

". . . emergency transportation for the stranded witch or wizard. My name is Steve Apleton and I will be your conductor for this afternoon." He looked down at Lily with an arched brow. "Wait a minute, you're not stranded!"

"No, but there are rarely any cars that drive around here, so I'm still kind of stranded."

"Huh. Okay, then. Where are you heading?"

"The Malfoy Manor." Lily answered as she helped herself inside the gigantic bus. She saw both of the driver and the conductor give her an 'are-you-really-sure-about-that?' look and Lily answered them with an 'I-know-right?' kind of shrug.

The Knight Bus journeyed on and Lily couldn't help but feel nervous as they approached the big manor.

"Malfoy Manor." The conductor said as Lily hurried down the Knight Bus, tossing him a galleon without thinking properly. Too much people were staring at her already, so she grabbed the first coin she felt in her pocket. She didn't even bother taking the change as she scurried down towards the gates.

"Thank you for taking the knight bus, have a . . . good day." With that, the knight bus scooted away from the place.

Lily stared at the gates for a moment, gathering up all the courage she had as she waited for someone to open the gates.

Before she could even speak, a little house elf was already running to approach her.

"What do you want from the noble house of the Malfoys?" The elf asked grumpily as he frowned at Lily.