24. Mistakes

The Weasley family started going through Platform 9 and 3/4 as the Hogwarts Express welcomed them with a loud whistle, telling them that the train was about to leave.

"Quick, quick!" Said Ginny as she kissed Lily and her sons good bye.

"Don't forget to write, be good," she emphasized as she looked at James. "and if you've forgotten anything, we'll send it on. . . Now off to the train!"

"Geez, mum. You're starting to sound like Grandma." Albus whined, hugging his father good bye.

"You best hope I don't act entirely like her young man or you might regret it." Ginny said sternly before getting distracted by Lily and a bloke hopping into the train.

"Is that Scorpius with Lily?" She asked Harry, squinting her eyes to get a good look.

"Who else has that kind of hair?" Harry chuckled as Lily groaned when Scorpius heard Ginny notice him. He jogged towards Lily's parents, wearing a big smile on his face.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Potter. Thank you again for having me at christmas supper."

"Of course. You can drop by anytime." Harry said, patting Scorpius' shoulder.

"Be good now, Scorpius. We'll see you again this summer." Ginny smiled and hugged Scorpius quickly before letting him get inside the train. "Take care, dear!"

"I'll see you soon, Mrs. Potter!" Scorpius waved at Lily's parents as he went into the train.

"Sorry about them." Lily said with a grimace.

"Nah, it's fine. You have cool parents." Scorpius pulled Lily towards him as he threw his arm around her shoulders.

"Shall we go find a compartment, then?" Lily asked.

"Nope! Albus saved us a compartment." He winked.

The train gathered speed as the houses outside the window flashed past, and they swayed where they stood.

"Okay, let's go." Lily nodded, picking up Francis' cage in one hand and her trunk with the other.

They walked down the corridor, peering through glass-panelled doors into the compartment they passed, which were already full. She couldn't help but notice that people stared at her and Scorpius with great interest and that some of them whispered as they walked past.

The behaviour among those students went on at three consecutive carriages.

Scorpius and her haven't officially told everyone that they were back together again. After all, everyone saw her dance with Lysander at the Yule Ball.

No wonder those students kept whispering about her.

They probably thought Lily was a cheating skank now.

How unfortunate.

From being the most low-profile child of Harry Potter, to being the infamous girlfriend of Scorpius Malfoy.

She continued to walk with Scorpius, her head glued to the floor to keep herself from staring at the student back.

When they finally saw the compartment where Albus stayed, she was relieved.

Rose, James, and Fred were in the compartment, too.

"Hey." Lily greeted and sat down next to Rose as Scorpius pulled their trunks inside.

"Hey, Lils." Rose smiled and went back to reading her book.

"Hey, my main man!" Scorpius teased, nudging Albus who was red in the face. "We can finally talk! You know, like what best friends do? They talk? " He wiggled his eyebrows as Albus rolled his eyes exasperatedly.