Trapped

She had stayed in the iron coffin for the gods know how long.

It was dark, and the wounds on her back were still fresh, as if the lashings she had received were recent.

Bow.

She heard that Fae-Bitch say. She would not bow down to her. She was the Heir of Fire and Ash.

She would bow to no-one.

Not even if the gods had told her to.

Every lash that fool Cairn gave her, destroying the words that Rowan had tattooed on her skin. Every person of her deceased, gone with every lash as blood poured down her back and onto the sand as Lorcan could to nothing but to stand there and watch as Maeve bled her for not bowing to her.

The Queen who was Promised.

But she was strong and no-one would break her. Not even Erawan.

Nameless is my price.

So be it, but not to this bitch.

She will live long enough to see this world be remade by the dreamers, despite it not caring about her suffering, torture or loss.

Elentiya, spirit that could not be broken.

Aelin cried.

She cried for she might not see the light of day ever again. Be with her mate.

Her mate.

Rowan.

She knew deep down that he was coming for her. And she would wait for him.

Her mate.

--

A/N : so idk about this. But this is what I imagine what she's currently going through.