Expecting

Aedion lay in bed watching Lysandra sleep, her chest slowly rising with each deep breath she took and deflating at each exhalation and so the slow rhythm continued.

He grown used to watching her sleep, when her pale green eyes weren't looking at him lovingly, whenever they seemingly glowed whenever she was happy, or when they seem dimmed or downcast and her mood was just down , her face was always full of life despite what she had sacrificed and endured and came out with the scars to prove her survival.

Complex, yet beautiful.

Strong, confident and bold.

These were few of the reasons he had chosen to marry her. She made the happiest when he felt the saddest and made him appreciate his life more than he should have made the best out of it all.

Princess Lysandra Ashryver.

It really did sound good.

She turned over with her facing him. And he looked down her swollen stomach.

Their child.

She was glowing when they both found out and were expecting the new addition in 3 months and both were excited, learning how to feed and raise the child, speaking lovingly to them each night before they slept.

And the thought of that made him smile and reach out.

He rubbed slow circles as if he could reach in and touch their child.

He closed his eyes, sleep finally pulling his eyelids down....

...And a gentle flicker of life moved, in response to his touch.