darkside → minizerk

Simon stood. Frozen, lost in deep a gaze. His four year-old son, Liam, sat at the kitchen table with some cheap old coloring crayons and a sheet of plain white paper. The adult's blue eyes stared blankly at the white tiles on the wall in front of him; his hands gripped tightly onto the frying pan that was loitering on the oven. His pink lips trembled and teeth chattered as his body was stuck stiff. It was like darkness, surrounding him, convincing him, hurting him. He had no where to run when this darkness approached and even if he tried it would always get to him somehow. "Shit!" cursed the boy, rapidly removing his grip from the frying pan and held his own hand to his chest. When he pulled his hand away to observe the injuries, he noticed a vicious red mark sculled into the skin. "Are you alright?" Liam asked quickly jumping out of his chair and wrapping his arms around Simon's leg in order to comfort him. "Y-Yeah I'm alright sweetheart. Go back to your colouring, I love your pictures." He stuttered, recently, he'd been stuck in a daze. a lot. Whenever he went in thinking, it'd be about the same thing every time. "But I finished! Look!" he cheered raising a slightly crimped colourful sheet of paper.

Simon forced a smile, carefully taking and observing the paper. He saw himself drawn holding hands him Liam and on the other side, Charlie. Charlie, Simon's boyfriend and baby daddy to Liam, spent all the money he and Simon earned on alcohol. Whether it was at a bar or from the shop. Simon had worked hard, he balanced out taking care of his child and working for money even though he was tired and overworked he did what he had to. He'd wake up in the morning with an empty bed and wallet everyday. It hurt him - it really did. The fact that he's pushing himself to the limits of breaking only for his partner to go drinking like it's nothing. But he'd learnt not to rebel. He had learnt the hard way. Since then it'd been the same routine every single day. Tears sprung in his eyes; oh how his family used to be happy.

Bang. Fiddle. Crash. Slam. Footsteps. Simon's heart raced in fear as he turned off the oven and dished up a plate for Charlie. Liam sat back down at the table since he had nothing else to do. "Ayeeeee- look it's Liam! Simon look! Liam can d-draw!" Charlie stammered drunkenly as he eyed the picture with wavy vision. "I know, he's been doing it for a year." The blonde replied bluntly as his mind began to slowly drift again. "I'm tired." Liam stated yawning and slouched further into his seat. Charlie went to pick him up for bed but Simon made sure to get to him first. He couldn't trust him in his drunken state with his child. It was too much of a risk. "What the fuck do you think your doing?!" He spoke out of sudden anger, watching as Simon cautiously carried the boy up the stairs and into his bed. Charlie followed close behind glaring at the two in front of him despite the fact he was drunk. "Can you sing me a song?" Liam questioned latching onto Simon's hand as he placed him under the blanket and tucked him in tightly. The blonde kneeled beside his bed and nodded slightly.

{incomes my shit rhymes}

"Hush little baby don't make a sound, no one can hurt you when I'm around. Hush little baby no need to fear, no one can touch you cause i'm right here. Hush little baby listen to this, I promise one day you'll find a prince to kiss."

Simon sang with tears in his eyes and sobs in his throat. The darkness masking them from being seen. He ran his fingers over his sons face and kissed his forehead. Ensuring he was asleep, Simon rubbed his cheek. His free hand covering his mouth as broken sobs began to escape his lips. All emotion from constant working, looking after a child, living on an empty stomach in order to ensure his child ate well, the constant feeling of heartbreak and abuse seemed to just slip out. "Come on." Charlie mumbled harshly as he walked in and blindly grabbed the hand that Simon used to calm his son to sleep due to darkness and violently yanked him out the room. He only pulled the door slightly shut so there was a slight gap. "He's my son too!" Shouted the brunette gripping his wrist so tight that the blonde whimpered out in pain. "Please don't shout he'll wake up." Simon begged the tears now trailing from his eyes to drop onto his jumper. "I'll do what ever I want, he my son too." he stated about to put his hand on the handle to Liam's bedroom. Simon moved in the way to block him off. "Don't you dare lay a hand on him!" He snapped skinny body pushing away his hand. Anger bubbled in Charlie's stomach and he roughly kicked the pale boy in the stomach sending him back onto the ground.