run from the dead → ksimonzerk

"JJ?!" Simon screamed running in the middle of a forest "JJ!?" attracting the walkers' attention towards his attendance but quite frankly that wasn't the problem he cared about. "Jide please?!" He was now crying, turning in circles aimlessly, lost, confused and helpless.

Simon shook his head, shaking the tears from his eyes and composing himself. He sniffled before bringing his mind back to focusing on killing the rabbit on the other side of his weapon. His fingers quickly reacted to the animal's movement and released the arrow from his grip, the arrow flew at speed from momentum and landed in the mud right next to it. "Shit." Simon cussed quickly grabbing another arrow from the hold rested on his back and pulling it tight against the bow. The rabbit only moved a little away from where his last shot thankfully. Quickly, he let go of the arrow once again sending it across the distance between predator and prey but this time, it hit. With a relieved sigh, the blonde walked over retrieving his missed shot and his successful one before heading back to camp with the rabbit in his hands. He didn't want to murder animals, in fact, when the world was normal he loved animals and fought against cruelty towards them but it's an apocalypse for god's sake. It's all about the game of survival, kill or be killed.

He sprinted throughout the forest for any sign of the other. Anything. Then it was like the Lord had answered his begging. "Simon!" He heard, sprinting towards the noise. Simon continued to follow the shouts in any direction it took him.

When he was in sight distance of the gates Ethan shouted down from his look-out position to Harry to open them to allow access for the blonde. He approached closer as the doors were opened and he walked in without a change in his expression, dull. As cliché as it sounds, Simon's eyes weren't the bright sea blue they were as soon as he experienced his first loss to the dead walkers, they were just faded grey with only hints of the vivid sapphire they used to be. "We've found another survivor Simon, he's hurt pretty bad though, Vik could use your help in the spare tent."  Harry welcomed him back with "The spare tent isn't his." the words came out of Simon's mouth in a spiteful and bitter tone. He was never horrible to the boys on purpose, ever since he did lose that light - that spark in his personality, he snapped as quickly as a twig would've. "Just help him get back on his feet Si, he doesn't have to stay there." the younger replied, not phased by the others sudden outbreak, he knows he's hurting. 

With a sigh, Minter made his way over to the spare tent dropping the dead rabbit into the food bucket during the journey. He opened the tent and ducked inside seeing a stranger laying on the bed with Vik digging unknowingly through a medical bag by his side. They both looked up at him identically. "Simon! Thank the lord! You know what you're doing, Josh got stabbed in the leg by an old trap that hadn't been set off and he's bleeding pretty bad you know what to do right?" Vik rushed out, quickly he tried to ditch all of this on Simon so he could get out. "I mean-" "Great! I've got to help Tobi with the supply count!" In a quick gesture, the dark-tanned male was out of the room and Simon and Josh were left alone. "Simon, right?" the bearded man asked smiling softly despite his weak state. "What is it to you?" questioned Simon, "You're quite feisty, aren't you? What's up?" Josh asked back. "Why has there got to be something wrong? Stop questioning me or I'll let you bleed out on this fucking bed." he began wiping away blood from the other's leg with a cloth Vik had retrieved from the medical box.

"The other boys are worried about you, they were talking about you the whole time I've been here. They said everytime you leave by yourself, you aren't going to come back. They were worried you'll kill yourself. That's quite a big factor that told me something was wrong." after what Josh had said, Simon was dead silent, focusing on the other individual's wound but the words still circled his mind like a carousel. Tears crusaded down his cheeks but with his sleeve, he quickly wiped away their presence before continuing his previous actions. "My boyfriend died."

"Jide?" unanticipatedly Simon turned a corner to see his boyfriend surrounded by minimally five zombies approaching him around a tree. His smile faded and fear struck him in a sense he had never felt before. He pulled a pistol from his pocket and shakily fired, his aim suffered from his alarmed state as he fired shooting some and missing others. Once all of them were dead, Simon dashed over in a hurry. "Jide!" Simon cried lifting his upper body against a tree "It's okay Si-" "Help! Please! Anyone!" the blonde was sobbing hysterically. "Shushhh- it's okay Simon. Know this was never your fault. You did all you could and I love you with all my heart." JJ spoke voice strained and quiet. "No JJ, please-" "My dying wish would be to see you smile, please do that for me." Jide gently caressed Simon's cheek unintentionally catching his tears. The blonde's lips quivered as he forced back his sobs and softly smiled yet his tears continued to stream from his eyes. "You're so beautiful," he whispered before falling dead against the tree. "No no no! Jide!" Simon lightly tapped his face - kind of hoping this was a joke "JJ you can't leave me! Please don't leave me please..."

"I'm so sorry," Josh spoke, the situation more diverse then he could have expected. "It's fine just don't talk about it." Simon began wrapping a bandage around his leg, trying to distract himself from the same terrible pain he always found himself in. "Have you thought of killing yourself?" "Of course I have, every single night but don't worry. I'd never do it. The boys need me and I'd just be another problem for them to have to deal with." "I admire your motive." "Is that so?" "Accept the compliment you prick," Josh spoke, Simon laughed for the first time in months. He was finally regaining the colour in his eyes along with the spark of passion and personality. 

"You're so beautiful,"