[2]

chapter 2 | hoseok

chapter 2 | hoseok

-

letting out a groan, hoseok reluctantly lifted his head from the carpet, his neck sore from spending a night on the floor.

yoongi was the lucky one, he got the couch for the night which left hoseok to pass out on the floor.

however, hoseok didn't mind, as long as yoongi slept comfortably.

he proceeded to stand up, deciding that he'd go for a small walk, with the thoughts about the plan still fresh in his mind, a stroll was for sure an easy way to lift those ideas just for a little while.

already the plan was going to be a challenge, hoseok knew that much yet he didn't care if that challenge included yoongi.

-

pushing open the door to the small music shop, hoseok stepped in feeling the warmth that enveloped him, painting his cheeks a rosy red as he brushed off his jacket before looking around.

"seokjin hyung." hoseok offered a smile once he spotted his friend, he leant over the counter to place a kiss to the older's cheek.

other than yoongi, seokjin was a close friend to hoseok. they'd met some point in their childhood and the friendship sparked from there.

"hoseok, what's new with you then? i feel like we haven't spoken in a while." he grins leaning against a shelf, only gently so nothing will fall.

hoseok simply shrugged, "basically nothing, although yoongi came over last night bawling his eyes out over the latest girl. it was a shitty sight to see."

the elder sighed lightly, placing a hand on his head. "that boy doesn't have much luck with dating does he."

with a roll of his eyes hoseok replies with, "that makes two of us then, not everyone has a perfect relationship like you and namjoon."

"i'm not even gonna try to deny it. speaking of namjoon, he needs me to open up the shop today," jin motions to the sign that currently stated closed.

"i see how it is, i'll leave you in peace now hyung." hoseok holds his heart, a poor attempt at pretending to be hurt.

seokjin just snorts, "oh my precious hoseok, you know your smile brightens my day."

"stop being a sarcastic ass," hoseok rolls his eyes.

"you know i love you."

"yeah yeah love you too. see you later."

-

once hoseok arrives home, he calls out yoongi's name, half expecting a response.

a reply didn't come and hoseok simply glanced at the to-go cups of coffee he had in his hand and exhaled heavily, he even made sure that it was yoongi's favourite.

"looks like i'll be drinking both of these then." he muttered to himself.

proceeding to make his way to the bedroom, he tripped over a small bump in the carpet, causing the younger to curse at it. rather loudly to be exact.

he nudged at his bedroom door, hoping that he'd be able to kick off his jeans and sleep the rest of the day to make up for the sleep he'd lost due to the uncomfortable sleeping place he had to use the night before.

but as soon as he opened the door he was greeted with a tired-looking yoongi sitting upright in his bed.

"hello sunshine."

"how come you didn't answer when i called for you?" hoseok asked, placing the two coffees down on the bedside table, deciding to ignore the used nickname.

"i was sleeping, however the loud 'fuck' you just exclaimed through the flat just woke me up."

"sorry," hoseok replied sheepishly, "i got you a black coffee."

yoongi uttered his thanks and took a sip, enjoying the bitterness of the strong, distinctive taste.

"also," yoongi started, linking his fingers together around the coffee cup, "pink bedsheets? really?"

hoseok had forgotten all about the pink bedsheets that were strewn across his bed. "jin hyung picked them i swear."

"sure he did."

hoseok shoved yoongi lightly, "shut up, pink is a good colour choice for a bed, it looks good against my grey walls."

"since when was your profession an interior designer." yoongi chuckles, an eyebrow raised as he took another sip of his drink.

"doesn't it just come as a stereotype when you're a gay male?"

this statement makes yoongi let out a snort, hoseok gazes over at the smile that was shown on yoongi's face for approximately one second.

why couldn't that smile stay on his face for longer. it's a shame, yoongi was extremely flawless in the younger's eyes yet his hyung was clueless to how cold he looked 99.9% of the time.

shifting over slightly, yoongi patted the space next to him beckoning hoseok to come over.

of course the other happily obliged, lifting the pink duvet up and pulled it over himself.

deciding to pick up hoseok's arm, yoongi held it up just enough for him to duck under, enabling him to snuggle up to hoseok's side.

"any need?"

"i just wanted a cuddle, is that such a crime?"

this wasn't a new thing for the pair. being extremely affectionate was a bad habit and a coping mechanism that yoongi had picked up after his first ever heartbreak. unwillingly, hoseok had to deal with the whole affection ordeal and was the victim of yoongi's bursts of affection.

"hey hoseok, can i ask you something?" The black-haired beauty murmured, his head not lifting from the younger's shoulder.

"shoot."

"never mind. it doesn't matter."

questioning begun yet yoongi insisted that it didn't matter, that it wasn't important at all.

yet that one small sentence left hoseok utterly confused for the remainder of the bitter night, leaving him and his thoughts to ponder about what the question was about.

-

a/n i dont like this chapter very much, i think it was quite boring whoops
i hope you enjoyed it despite how shitty it was, it'll get more interesting i promise

anyhow,,, thank you for readingggg

- 🐝