[4]

chapter 4 | yoongi

chapter 4 | yoongi

-

"hyung! you've been in the bath for over two hours you tit, hurry up!"

yoongi just let out a sigh. he had indeed been in the bath for a long time however it gave him plenty of thinking time.

even though he was pretty good friends with jimin, there was a small feeling in the back of his mind which was telling him not to trust him and that this was just another joke.

jimin's famous cheeky smile was plastered on his face as he told his hyung about taehyung's 'crush', practically gave his little plan away.

yoongi wasn't stupid.

"five more minutes, hoseok." Yoongi decided to reply, slipping back underneath the hot water, sighing lightly taking comfort in the small pool of bliss.

-

"i can't believe you took a four hour bath in my house." hoseok simply sighed shifting over on the couch to allow yoongi space to sit down.

black hair met with hoseok's shoulder as yoongi placed his head there.

"get off your hair is wet." the younger chuckled attempting to push the elder off of him.

"i'm comfortable, let me be."

hoseok just shook his head lightly, he was about to attempt to push him off again, however a growl bellowed from yoongi's stomach.

chuckling to himself, hoseok patted yoongi's stomach, "hungry, i assume?"

-

inhaling the smell of the food hoseok had prepared, brought yoongi to bliss, practically making his mouth water.

he shovelled bite after bite into his mouth, savouring the taste, despite all the insults he throws at hoseok daily, he can't even make a joke about his cooking.

"for someone eating that messily, one would think they lived here." hoseok used a teasing tone, he'd always wondered why Yoongi didn't just move in with him considering how much he was over, however it wouldn't be ideal with the amount of one night stands Yoongi has.

yoongi just looks up to roll his eyes and let out a scoff before returning to to his food.

"yoongi?"

the black-haired male blinked about to take a bite but still looked up from his food to raise an eyebrow at hoseok, "what?"

"have you ever been properly in love?" hoseok gulped, hand tightening around his fork in sheer embarrassment.

however this question had been on the top of his tongue for months.

head tilting to the side, yoongi narrowed his eyes, "where's that come from all of a sudden?"

"i'm just curious i guess."

"to answer your question, obviously i have. why do you think i need comforting all the time, when i get dumped, it's not like any of them meant anything to me." sarcasm practically dripped off the elders tongue.

the brunette shrugs, picking at his food "i figured it would just be heartbreak that you needed me to comfort you."

"trust me Hoseok, for me, it is so much more than just sheer heartbreak, i get too attached so it leaves a big impact."

hoseok looked down at the faded carpet, rubbing his foot into the floor, "is it nice, y'know being in love?"

yoongi just hums, "it is indeed very nice, it's warm and cozy and leaves you with various happy feelings and emotions. mostly good however," suddenly he pauses, placing his head in his hands, "it's not so nice when the person you're in love with, doesn't return it."

"i want to experience love."

"you will at some point."

"but will i hyung? it's not fair yoongi. i'm 22 and yet i've never felt that feeling, i've never experienced love, fuck i've never even dated anyone, a-am i really that unfortunate, that literally no one has an attraction towards me?"

"stop it. stop it hoseok, the right person will come shortly." yoongi tried to negotiate, he already knew it had failed as soon as he heard the chopsticks clattering against the table.

"no! why should i hyung? I want to know why you cry to me, i want to know what it's like to really love someone and have them return it. shit. i just want to be loved, not platonically but with a deep passion and romantic vibe, i don't want to be single for the rest of my life." hoseok stood up, his chair hitting the wall, it caused a loud bang, one of which the neighbours could probably hear. but that was at the back of his mind.

this made yoongi rather nervous, it was rare to witness hoseok's bright and happy personality, a connotation of the sun itself, get clouded over by a bad thought which quickly escalated.

a sigh echoed through the awkward atmosphere, "don't be so pathetic about this hoseok, it's not always rainbows and flowers like jin hyung and namjoon."

"yes- i'm aware, but i can't comfort you all the time yoongi, do you know how bad it hurts seeing you cry over people who just come in and out of your life in the blink of an eye? it fucking kills me yoongi. i hate watching you break down in the same spot on my living room floor, the same patch of carpet become damp because of your tears." hoseok takes in a deep and trembling breath.

"stop hurting yourself with useless people, yoongi." hoseok managed to say, his voice barely a whisper, yet the room was that quiet that his hyung heard it clearly. "please."

yoongi's chair barely made a sound as he stood up, he hesitated slightly before bringing hoseok into an embrace.

the embrace itself was rather stiff and awkward but yoongi was so used to hoseok being the one comforting him that he didn't know what to do when it was the other way round.

the brunette just let out a sad smile through his watery eyes.

then he let it out, over yoongi's shoulders, his body trembled as sob after sob left his mouth, gripping the annoyingly itchy fabric of his black-haired hyung's jumper.

it hurt, it hurt yoongi watching hoseok break down like this.

in the years of knowing the younger, he had only ever watched this happen three times. only three.

so it made yoongi feel like a terrible person, not noticing how fragile the younger actually was.

what an utterly tragic event.

-

a/n happy new year ! i hope this year will be happier for everyone, i hope you all stay healthy&happy :')

- 🐝