[5]

chapter 5 | hoseok

chapter 5 | hoseok

-

ouch.

that was hoseok's first thought as his eyes peel open, thick with sleep because of a staggering strip of the intrusive glaring light that shone through a gap in the frayed curtains, that unluckily lay across the brunettes face.

he was about to pull the soft sheets back over his face to return to sleep however a delightful smell travelled across the room and invaded his nostrils.

he hauled himself out of the warmth of the bed and begrudgingly made his way to the source of the smell.

seokjin stood in his dingy kitchen, humming away to himself as he continued cooking, clueless to the fact that hoseok was stood behind him.

"g'morning jin hyung." he muttered sleepily, leaning against the cupboard.

"oh! hoseok you're awake, i was about to wake you anyways, the food is done."

seokjin ran a hand through his, now faded, pink hair as he rummaged through the cupboards to find what he needed to dish out the food.

"how come you came over?"

jin just turned around and raised an eyebrow, "yoongi told me you needed some comforting, he had to be at work so he called me to take his place, i got here as quickly as possible and used the spare key, which by the way isn't very hidden if the garden gnome is lopsided where it's unbalanced." seokjin just shook his head just to prove his disappointment before continuing.

"he didn't tell me the reason to your distress, you can always talk to me, you know that right?"

the younger just smiled, a glint of sadness in his eye, still not fully over the talk he had with yoongi the day before, "of course i know, you've always been there for me and i hope you know how much I appreciate it."

seokjin just chuckled, "enough of this talk, let's eat!"

-

yoongi

-

cursing the creaky floorboards, yoongi entered hoseok's apartment.

he'd had a long day at work, working on new lyrics normally came to the black haired male easily however he'd lost some inspiration with the latest breakup.

yet, despite him being sleepy, yoongi still made the effort to make hoseok sure was okay, he himself was still shaken at the sight of a sad and mopey hoseok and sincerely hoped he would never witness it again.

entering the living room, his eyes wandered from the soft glow of the television to the pair of men curled up asleep on the couch.

"yoongi? is that you?" it was merely a whisper yet it was still louder than the hum of the television.

yoongi's ears pricked at the voice of which he already knew who it belonged to.

hoseok managed to pry himself away from seokjin's grip as he padded quietly over to his hyung.

the pair made their way to hoseok's bedroom, that way they could talk properly without disturbing jin.

"how come you're here so late at night?"

"i needed to make sure you were okay," yoongi says bluntly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"i'm okay, hyung."

yoongi tilted his head sideways, one eyebrow raised, "stop lying and tell me what's on your mind."

hoseok just took a shaky breath in, "there's really nothing on my mind right now apart from how strong my urge is to get some sleep." hoseok tried to crack a joke but the heavy atmosphere wouldn't break.

"please, hoseok just tell me."

the brunette sat on the bed, the pink sheets creasing beneath him, "yoongi, it's not important, it really doesn't matter."

"so there is something on your mind then?"

"you little shit."

yoongi just shook his head softly, "hoseok come here."

the younger obeyed, standing up once more and faced the elder.

"no, I'm not taking 'it doesn't matter' as an answer anymore, clearly you have something on your mind and you admitted it- literally two seconds ago, it does matter, your thoughts matter to me hoseok, so just let it out."

yoongi grabbed hoseok by the shoulders, his eyes fixated on the younger's.

hoseok's eyes widened feeling bewildered, he just placed his hands on yoongi's arms and looked down, taking a sudden interest in the years old carpet.

after all, anything was better than yoongi's harsh stare.

he took in a deep breath before speaking, he needed to say it, he just wanted to know the possibility of it actually happening.

hoseok was utterly terrified of what Yoongis reaction was going to be as soon as the question left his mouth.

"what would happen if we just dated, yoongi?"

-

a/n really really short, my apologies yikes. i'm trying to update this book as much as possible before i go back to school next week so sorry if they seem a little rushed.

i hope you enjoyed anyhow !

- 🐝