Chapter 19: Blood & Confessions

"I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to." - Me before you  

Serra pov
Dark & dead quite were the two perfect words for my present surrounding. I felt the hairs on my arms rising . Just to protect me from the cold I wrapped my arms around myself tightly.  My heart was racing .
"Hello!  Hello someone . "

Wasn't he supposed to meet me here ?

 I searched it in  with my pocket . My hands shaking.  Finally I managed to pull it out . But the phone was of no use the battery was already dead .

"Just great Serra.  You officially are the most dumb person " .I muttered. 

"Um Hello Mr Allen you there ? Someone please open the lights its too dark I can't see properly.  Could you open the lights . I came to meet you " . I called to no one in particular.

Suddenly someone opened the lights . The light was almost eye blinding . I covered my eyes . Shielding  them with my hands . When I opened my eyes I was greeted by the sight of Allen Knight. He was dressed in black.   His arms folded behind his back . His intense gaze making me squirm in my place . There was something about him , something that wants you to hide  , something that wants you to crawl in a hole and never come out .

"Serra ". He said bringing his hand forward.  I put my hand in his awaiting one . His gaze predatory. Suddenly the idea of my hand in his doesn't sound like a very good one.I tried to pull my hand free  from his .His grip on mine  tightened. "Let my hand go " i hissed.  His men let out animistic chuckles . "Not now Serra! Until I show you my special  creation ." 

 I found myself being forcefully dragged into a dark room.  "Lights "Allen shouted.

When the room was lit the scene in front of me was too horrific.  My free hand covered my trembling lips as i let out a gasp . Jamaica was tied to a pole . Her hands tied behind her . Her face all bruised and bloody.  Bruises of all color and size not only covered her face but also her arms and rest of the body . Her hairs mattered on her face . She could barely keep her eyes open.  On the floor Henry laid moaning in pain . He too was badly injured.  Despite that he tried to crawl on all four towards Jamaica but his movements were restricted by one of Allen men who kept his shoe on Henry neck chocking him as he clawed on his shoe. Anna laid on one side of the room although she wasn't hurt yet she wasn't conscious. 

"No !Please let them go . What you want . Why are you doing this ?" I demanded in shaky voice 

"Sit " he said leading me to a chair . I did as was told too afraid to defy him . "Where are your parents Serra?" He questioned 

"Dead!  they are dead . "

"How they died ?" Allen inquired , I hated it how he looked at me inspecting me for any sign of lies. 

"They died in a car accident . When I was 5 . Uncle Vincent told me". I whispered my voice strained and cracking. 

He let out a chuckle.  It made me shift in my chair in fear . A moan of fear left my lips . "Well guess what Serra Your Uncle Vincent and Jamaica lied to you .How sad and pathetic is it that you are living with what  that they fed you . "

I looked at him with confusion "What do you mean "?

His lips so close to my ear . His breath fanning the side of my  face . I shudder in fear and disgust "Serra your parents were murdered. "

It was like someone has poured bucket of ice cold water on me . "That's not true . No No " i mumbled.  It was too much to accept.  Surely Uncle Vincent never lied to me I was like a daughter to him .