Chapter 20 :Race against time

Holden pov :

Do you ever get that feeling you are suffocating not because you aren't able to breath because you fear you will lose too much  . I was going to save her no matter what it takes . The first time I had  met her i got  feeling , a strong urge   to protect her . There is so much behind every face , so much that you can't know . So much that can't meet the eyes . I won't say I did know Anna because believe me I didn't know her . But there was something about her that wanted me to know the real Anna.  The Anna who was lost , the  Anna that was hidden , locked away behind those eyes  , so lost and yet waiting to be rescued.

Everything around me was too fast it was like racing against time . With fast I didn't mean my  car as it narrowly missed cars blaring horns at me  . As I tried to find Anna or my men who were fast enough to follow me . Or the cars around us us that rushed past us . Or my angry commands as I commanded them to trace Charles location . With race against time I meant I was trying to reach her as fast as I could.  The racing of my heart that was beating too fast against my rib cage.  .

"Damn " I shouted frustrated.  It has been three hours and I failed to find Anna.  What if the endless possibilities had my head spinning.  I grinted my teeth to focus on the road in front of me . My ear piece still attached to my ear waiting for upcoming calls . "Where are you Anna? " I whispered

Anna pov

Did you get that feeling that you are floating in nothingness.  Around you you can't feel anything that surrounds you . You want to move , to talk , to call someone but your mouth can't form the words . Your body refuses to co- operate . You feel like you are paralyzed . Unable to move  or unable to react . Right now I was in that situation . My eyes wet due to tears of  desperation . Maybe it was the chemical they have injected in me or may be because I felt like  I was 9 again  my past repeating . The only noise that i could make was the faint moan of fear. 

"Sleeping beauty you are finally  awake.  "Charles said as he approached me.  His steps almost predatory.  His hand stroked my cheek. I tried to turn my head away my his slimy touch.  Unable to move from His ceased . He forcefully started kissing me . His gaze filled with lust and hunger . I feared for the worst as his hands went towards my neck , I helplessly watched him . My eyes pleading with him as he attacked my neck assaulting it with his lips .

"Boss the ship will be here in 30 minutes . " his men called . 

"Very well I am coming. " 

"You see Anna we are leaving  . Don't worry beautiful I will keep you happy . " He said , he pecked my lips and left me alone after winking at me .

Holden pov:
"Don't worry brother I promise you I will bring her back . I will get to her soon . Hows Serra? " I questioned worried for Serra.  After she had ran in Roman arms she had plead with him to save Anna . She wanted to come with us to get Anna herself  but I refused.  It wasn't safe for her and we weren't going to risk her life . "

" Still the same " my brother voice was cracking.  He sound upset . After all Anna was Serra family . Serra was unconscious.  The stress was too much . Roman was taking care of her .

"Brother I will call you back . Damien is calling.  "

"Sir we found Charles were about it looks like he is ready to  take Anna out of the country.  He is near the warehouse  on dock . Sir  we have only 30 minutes if we doesn't catch him now we will lose Anna.  "

"That bastard.  Damien I want you guys to get rid of Charles's men .  I myself will go inside.  If we all went at ones there is a  possibility that he can hurt Anna and I can't let that happen.  Tell your men to attack all at ones and make sure no one makes it out of there alive . Meet me at the exact location and wait for my call . "

19 minutes to be exact we were in front of the warehouse.  I slipped in the warehouse hidden from others eyes . It didn't take me long to find Anna.  I picked her in my arms cradling her . . Then I called Damien again.  All around us men were shooting at each others . "Give her to me knight  ".  Charles said pointing  the gun at me . I looked at Anna her eyes held fear . I brought her closer to my body , now ready to shield her from any gun shot . Close your eyes princess I whispered.  She tightly closed her eyes . Then I put her on the ground gently . 

"Why don't you come and get her if you need her that desperately. "I mocked .

" Perhaps you are to afraid to leave that gun in case I attack you . I am sure you aren't man enough to fight me hand to hand ."

Charles seem to debate with himself whether to put down the gun or not . And finally being the idiot he was he put down the gun . I avail the opportunity.  Quickly taking out the gun from the back pocket of my dress pants and shot  him between the eyes. His limp body hit the floor with a thud . Anna looked at me her eyes wide open.  "

Don't look at me like that princess I will start thinking You love me ."

I could mentally picture her crossing her arms on her chest and muttering" never" . This brought a smile to my face . I picked her gently from the floor afraid to hurt her .That night I took her home since she was in no position to look after herself.  I gently laid her on the bed . After helping her take medicines and in drinking  glass of milk . "Sleep princess "I demanded softly.  She closed her eyes and after placing a kiss on the top of her forehead I made myself comfortable on  the couch in case she needed help at night. 

Anna pov 

The sunlight was almost blinding.  I moaned . I sat up straight on the bed . Rubbing the  sleep from my eyes . Now I was feeling better . I could move my muscles which was a huge relief. I quickly finished my business then ate breakfast and medicines that rested on the table . I went down to talk to Holden .  I wanted to meet my friends.  I was scared  and worried for them . 

"Feeling better Anna ?" Holden asked smiling at me 

"Yes thank you" I smiled grateful at his hospitality .  

"I want to meet my friends."

"Okay" He sounded hesitant . I could tell something wasn't right . My heart was sinking .Million thoughts crossed my mind I had to push them away .

  "Are my friends okay   ?"

"Anna I am  so sorry  to tell you but Jamaica is dead . Serra is okay though but she is in the hospital.  I am sorry I couldn't save her she laid down her life saving Serra  " .

"No Holden please tell me you are joking. Stop joking around.  "I screamed 

"She can't be dead she promised me she will always take care of her self . No no she can't leave me all alone ."

  He tried to  reach for me and hold me  to comfort me I slapped his hand  away . Fighting his hold .

 I was sobbing.  .He held me tightly letting me cry in his arms as he embraced me telling me everything was okay   .