Chapter 4 | Dixon

I pushed walkers out my way to stabbed them in the brain making them drop dead onto the ground.  One after another they went down, but more kept apearing from the bushes and trees. It would take all night to kill every last one, and I was right. It started getting light by the time they were all dead. The woman and children ran inside the RV as me and the men killed off the dead.

Some where confused when they looked at me after the incondent cleared and a man walked up to me "I don't think we've met. My names Dale" he said as he stuck out his hand for me to shake.

I looked at it but didn't shake it "aura" was all I said and walked away leaving him with his hand still reaching out. I walked upto rick who was talking to his wife, I knew who his wife was. He would talk about her a lot and no doubt she knew about me too.

Rick stopped talking to his family when he noticed me walking up to him. His wife gave me a cold stare and walked off in the other direction. "What's her problem?" I asked as I stared at her walking away, sending daggers through my mind.

"She's just a little annoyed you're here" he said as he walked slowly into the middle of the camp, with me following behind. "She just thinks you're a bad influence on the kids"

"Can you introduce me to everyone?" I asked him, brushing off the fact his wife hates me too. He nodded and walked over to a small group of people

"This is Aura, we found her last night and she saved Glenn" he said to a blonde haired girl who looked like she had just stopped crying. He lied and he knew it, didn't save Glenn's life. I just helped him calm down a little

"I'm Andrea and that's Jim" she pointed to the man standing next to her. A small 'hi' escaped my lips as Rick walked away and walked over to another group of people.

After being introduced to everyone a small car with bottles of water pulled up beside the RV and a man got out and started pulling out the water from the back. "Remember to boil before use" his voice rang through my head like a school bell. The roughness in his voice sounded too familiar.

He turned around and I saw his face. It was Shane. My face lit up ad I ran to him "Shane!" I yelled before running Into his open arms. Shane helped me through so much, more than Rick did. Shane was more of a friend than an officer trying to help me.

"Aura" he whispered into my hair as his grip tightened, scared if he let me go I would leave. When he finally did let go I could see the biggest smile on his face and I was smiling too. But it faded when I could see Rick's wife behind Shane glaring at me as if to say stay away from him

"Who brought you back?" He asked me as the group started pulling out the water

"Rick" I answered and my smile instantly came back.

He was about to say something when rick walked upto him and they started talking. I walked away and sat on a log near the low burning fire. I thought about last night and that fight with that Redneck they called Daryl, what kind of name is that anyway?

As I sat on the log my eyes drifted to a lonely tent far away from the rest of the groups. I wondered who's it was before it started russling around and Daryl came out before grabbing his crossbow and walking into the woods.

"Daryl!" Rick shouted before he left the camp. The turned around not moving from his stop "Take Aura, teach her to hunt. It would help out a lot" he he told him as I stood up ready to walk up to Daryl as I huffed not wanting to be near him

But before I could move from my stance he said "No" and started walking out. It did make me a little sad as I could get alone time in their without the rest of the group.

"Daryl!" He shouted once more and but he didn't come back. "He's not long left, you can find him" I nodded and jogged into the same place he left but I couldn't see him anywhere. Rick didn't know but I used to hunt a lot and I knew how to track and kill. I looked at the ground and saw his footprints engraved in the muddy ground. I followed him to a small pond, he was sitting next to it looking up at the sky, resting back on his hands.

I smiled and leaned against a tree. But my smile turned more into a smirk when he stood up and started taking off his top and he jumped into the pond and moved under the small waterfall flowing through the creak.

He looked in my direction and when he saw me leaning on the tree he stopped moved and narrowed his eyes but he knew that wasn't enough to make me leave so he gave me the finger.

I laughed and said "thanks Daryl, and I thought we could be friends" I saw a slight smile on his lips that quickly disipeard when I took off my top too and jumped into the pond along with him.

967 words

Criminal Hunter

---

Thank you for reading, I swear this will get better from now on. There will be more Daryl in the chapters
Please vote and comment if you liked it
Thank you :)