Chapter 1

~Anna's POV~

Knock Knock

I woke up to a soft tap on my door. I'm not a very heavy sleeper.

"Anna?" A soft voice asked from the other side of the door. Mrs. Mary.

"Yes?" I replied.

"May I come in?" She asked.

"Yeah."

She slowly opened the door and looked at me. Once she was in the room she softly closed the door behind herself and sat on my bed.

"Anna, there are people coming later, to look for adoption. Bunches of people." Mrs. Mary said soothingly.

"Yeah, so?"

"I just wanted to warn you, I know how you can get very anxious and overwhelmed with to many people. I just don't want that to happen today, so if you start to feel sick just leave. If you are in the middle of talking to someone just excuse yourself and leave."

"Oh ok, thank you." I gave a slight smile.

"Now why don't you get ready? The guests will be here soon. An hour tops." Mrs. Mary patted my leg and got up.

I nodded and got up, as she got up to leave.

Once she was gone I went over to my bag and grabbed a pair of ripped skinned jeans, a My Chemical Romance shirt, and my vans. I trudged over to the bathrooms to take a shower and get ready for the day.

When I was done I piled everything back up and carried it to my room. I set my clothes in the laundry basket and hung the towel up on the hook I have on my wall.

I have quite a small room, but that's ok for multiple reasons. One, I don't have very much stuff and Two, I don't have to share a room. If you have a smaller room, you get your own, if you get a bigger room you have to share. In the end, a smaller room is better.

I was taken out of my thoughts by a bell. That's right, a bell. It's our signal to know that we have to go downstairs. The guests won't be here for another 15 minutes, but we all need time to get down there.

I waited a few minutes so the rush could get down first. All the kids here typically push and shove to get down there, I don't really, truly get why though. They want be here for a bit longer anyway.

I slowly opened to door to make sure the coast was clear before I left my room. There were a few people who had the same idea as me, but for the most part there wasn't anyone in the halls. I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and stuffed it into my pocket before leaving my room.

I just kinda messed around in the halls for a few minutes, it doesn't really matter. Nobody likes me. Nobody ever wants to, or will ever want to adopt me, so what's the point? May as well take my time.

After about 5 or so minutes of just walking around I heard quite a bit of talking, which means only a few minutes left. That's my cue to head down there. I don't really want to go, but I get in trouble if I don't, so I typically just sit in the back, hidden from most eyes.

Now I know what you're thinking. How will anyone ever adopt you if they can't even see you? Well, I have tried being up front before and nobody was interested. They all just made fun of me. It just made me feel bad about myself, so why would I go through all of that just to get abandoned and left?

I walked past all the weird looks and all the jokes being made about me, and made my way to the back. Once I was back there I pulled my phone out and plugged in my headphones. I started blaring Pierce the Veil and scrolled through Twitter. Nothing to interesting.

After about an hour, we were aloud to head back up to our rooms. Yay! I went to my room and closed the door before I flipped down onto my bed. I called it, I didn't get talked to.

Maybe I should ask Jay if he wants to hang out.

Me: Hey.

Jay: Hey?

Me: Are you doing anything right now?

Jay: No, but if you need a ride somewhere, forget it I can't give you a ride.

Me: No, I don't need a ride. Just was wondering if you want to hang out?

Jay: Yeah, sure. Meet at the park?

Me: Sure. But I might be a few minutes late, tonight is one of those nights.

Jay: Oh, ok. See you then.

When I say 'one of those nights' Jay knows what I mean. I live in an adoption center like place, I'm not really aloud to go out places. Sometimes they pay more attention than other times and tonight they are paying close attention. They kept staring at me when I was walking to the bathroom. What will they do when I try to leave?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Please keep in mind I started writing this a VERY long time ago, I'm just not posting it. Sorry for any confusion in the story.