Chapter 6

~Anna's POV~

When Alex said he had to go, my whole life shattered. My idol doesn't like me. I mean, everyone knows that's just a way to get out of talking to someone. At least that's what I have been told.

I just went back to my room and sat on my bed. I curled into a ball and just cried. My idols, they came here to adopt, yet they are going to adopt someone who hates them, and will only use them for money. This isn't even me being left behind anymore. It's about them being used. It can't happen! Their to sweet and adorable to be used like that.

I couldn't handle it. All I could do was cry, and think of the worst things. Eventually the voice came.

Anna, he doesn't like you. He hates you.
Your fat and ugly.
Why would they adopt you?
You don't deserve them.
You don't even deserve life.

After a bit, I couldn't help it. I walked to the bathroom and dug out the blades. I can't do this. I have worked so hard. I twirled the blade around in my hand thinking for moment. I have been clean for 4 months. Am I really going to flush all that down?

Do it, do it Anna.

I could practically hear the smirk in the voice. Before I new what was happening, everything I worked for was lost.

1
2
3
4
5

I looked down at my wrists and just cried. I worked so hard, and now I failed. 4 months of hard work, lost in a matter of seconds! I just cried, I couldn't do anything else.

I cried for about 10 minutes before I got up and cleaned everything up. I put the blade back into the box where it belongs and hid it. I wrapped my wrist up in bandages and then threw a sweater on. No one will have to know.

"Anna?" I heard Mrs. Mary call.

I jumped on my bed quick and called back. "I'm in my room."

I heard some footsteps before my door creaked open. Mrs. Mary walked in, closing the door behind her.

"I have some news!" She cheered.

"Which is?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Your getting adopted." She smiled.

"Really?! By who?!"

"By Mr. Gaskarth." She smiled at me again.

I froze. Is this some kind of joke? Why would they choose me? I mean, look at me. And my problems, what about those?

"He will be coming here to get you on Thursday, you have a few days to say goodbye and everything." Mrs. Mary smiled again, before heading backs towards the door.

"Wait." I said quietly.

"Hm?" Mrs. Mary turned around.

"I have to be ready by Thursday?" I asked.

"Yes, that's the plan." She said heading towards the door, leaving this time.

So they didn't abandon me? I have to start packing!

I grabbed my duffle bag and stuffed it with my stuff. I don't have much, but I'm just to excited to wait!

•••

this chapter is dedicated to phils_eyelash_66. I see them on almost every book I read.😂💓