Chapter 3

~Anna's POV~

I woke up, to yet another soft tap on the door.

"Who is it?" I asked, with a croaky voice.

"Mrs. Mary." The soft, delicate voice answered.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"There are a few people coming in today to look for a teenage girl. Isn't that exciting?" I could hear her cheer through the door.

I slowly slid off my bed and trudged to the door to open it. When it was opened, Mrs. Mary attacked me with a giant hug. 

"So?" Mrs. Mary was getting excited.

"What?" I asked.

"You excited?" She asked.

"Honestly, I couldn't care less. I mean I would love to be adopted, but we both know that's not going to happen." I said, making my way back towards my bed.

"Well you have to be down there ether way, you know the rules."

"I know, I know. I will be there, don't worry." I gave her a slight, fake smile.

"Ok then sweetie. I will leave so you can get ready." She sweetly smiled before leaving my room.

I got up and locked the door before picking out my clothes that I'm going to wear today.

I grabbed a Green Day shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. I walked to the bathroom, took a shower, and got dressed. When I got back to my room I brushed and blow dried my hair before straightening it. It took a good 20 minutes or so go straighten my hair.

When I was done I unplugged everything and put it away. I messed with my hair a little bit so my long Purple hair was laid just right.

I spent about 10 to 15 minutes doing my make up before the bell rang. Uhhh.

Just like always I waited a moment for the rush to get downstairs. When I opened my door though, nobody else was coming out. Did everyone go down right away? Oh well.

I slowly walked down the stairs and heard lots of talking. Why? The guests shouldn't be here for another few minutes.

Why I got towards the bottom of the stairs, I didn't even bother looking up. I just kept my head down and looked at the floor, that was before I got tripped.

"Watch it." Jamie laughed, causing everyone to laugh with her.

I slowly started standing up, keeping my head down in the process.

"Is the emo at a loss for words?" Another kid asked.

I just ignored all of them and walked to my usual corner.

I sat down and pulled my phone, and headphones out before plugging my headphones into the audio jack. I clicked shuffle on the music app and Knives and Pens by Black Veil Brides came on. I was bobbing my head to the music a little while scrolling through social medias, mostly twitter.

A few songs played through the headphones before I saw a shadow standing in front of me, and a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw the one and only Alex Gaskarth.

•••

feel free to dm me or post comments on my profile. I'll take suggestions for this book, ideas for new ones, or any of my other books that have yet to be completed! Or if you just wanna ask questions or whatever. That's a choice.